Noteworthy bands of the 90s and 00s now mostly forgotten

Yep they were very short lived :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not my cup of tea but always interesting to hear what non-electronic albums elektronheads like.

80’s to 90’s progression was enjoyable to experience. From 1991…

7 Likes

Never really liked his music, found the mixes harsh. But noteworthy for his association. Kinda popped up then disappeared. Peel found him special, so what do I know. Gave him an hour+ vs BoCs short set

wow ive only JUST now noticed that the start of Dream of the Endless is basically the same as BoC 1986 Summer of Fire. Twoism is the one record Christ. is…WAS credited on. they took his name off on the repress. some bad blood I think :grimacing:

I never even fully listened to Horsedrawn Wishes (which isn’t avail. on Spotify as I just checked) was all about Shoulder Voices.

Wasn’t Ken also in Favourite Sons? My friend is always going on about them as he worked in this place in NYC called Kate’s Joint in the late 90s and Jimmy and Ken use come in a lot.

Have you heard or heard of that Wounded Knee album I posted? It’s a rather interesting records sort of like electronic Irish folk music.

1 Like

I saw just a small slice of @phaelam’s post and thought that he had posted something from the second album from our local heroes Circle.

I feel so lucky having grown up in the neighbouring city to Pori where these guys originated. I got to see them live in their prime So so far ahead of the times. Nothing comes close.

The head honcho Jussi Lehtisalo visited my bookshop a week ago. I kinda know him from playing the same clubs. Circle is still very much alive and well, but for me their best output was the 4-5 first albums when they were still this meditative, ominous, inwards turned kraut.

3 Likes

Yeah totally.
I lived in Denton TX at the time, we were eating all this kind of shit up.
Anything closely related to MBV was heard

One of my favorites off Horsedrawn Wishes.
It’s very mellow compared to the whole album

1 Like

Funny how 90s computer graphic design-y that cover is.

1 Like
2 Likes

Saw them on Halloween night in Brooklyn, somewhere around ‘03-‘05 or so, after Systems/Layers I guess.

Great show. I think with Matt Pond PA and The Album Leaf? Not sure.

1 Like

2 Likes

FUUUUUU just remembered these guys. the non band. a collective that was supposed to be different all over the country. some weird music art collective.

I used to talk to the main writer, convinced him to send me a bunch of unreleased stuff. good shit

ya the song Quiet Earth still isn’t anywhere. its an Epic, three styles in one song. I should see if I can post it on YT.

You asked for it.
I will find you and…

…Ho well okay then ! Good for you !

1 Like
7 Likes

YESSSS Junior Boys were fantastic!

Those 2 songs plus that “Shes a Study” I’ll play a lot when I DJ

3 Likes

they were amazing live…the JBs

2 Likes

despite the description this came out in 1996, the track. this compilation prob was 2013

2 Likes
7 Likes

Tortoise deserve respect :)…daddys of post rock ( after talk talk)

5 Likes