Novation is up to something

I woke up and nobody broke the code yet? No store releasing it too early?

Guess it must be a software update than.

Not everyone in the UK is English!

The American format is month-day-year, with a comma between day and year. In British style, which is day-month-year, no comma is needed between month and year, The international standard recommends writing the date as year, then month, then the day…so basilcay do whatever you like!

I just blame it on the metric system

1 Like

10 Likes

7 Likes

What troubles me is why the 1989 Tom Cruise movie “Born on the fourth of July” does not adhere to the US date format, surely they should have called it “Born on July fourth”. But on the other hand we would not have Star Wars day without the US date format, so I guess we should at least be grateful for that. :laughing:

6 Likes

Wait. I think there is also a Muslim calendar and a Chinese one, at least.

Novation please, another bone.

The real question is why Americans don’t format their times as mm:ss:hh

If you’re going to be weird be consistent with it

16 Likes

Found it! You can see for yourself here.
Just keep walking in a straight line and don’t take any turns in the dark.

s:m:s:h:m:h

4 Likes

Time is relative, arbitrary

:frowning_face: : :diving_mask: : :sunrise:

I guarantee Octatrack owners will be happy.

2 Likes

0.0254ss : 0.45359237mm : 5/9 x (hh-32)

I think they’d be very comfortable that way.

2 Likes

We would never use millimeters as a unit of time. Makes too much sense.

3 Likes

Fair enough- that’s the European influence- I wonder if we will go back to Imperial after BREXIT (i still drink ‘pints’ :-))

I love the stuff that gest discussed while ‘waiting’ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Meh, if it’s hardwdare they would have presented it at Superbooth, not 2 weeks later.

1 Like

The Thai one is different again … Buddhist I think

1 Like

Knee-jerk nerdary: Filesystems usually provide created_on and modified_on datestamps. You shouldn’t need to add dates to file names. Also, a suffix wont help, you’d need a prefix :wink:

1 Like

There is, if you’re the sort who says “June 12, 1948”. But it only makes sense when the month is expanded to letters, not contracted to numbers. It’s shit. I’m not trying to defend it.