Novation Launchpad Pro Mk3

Just got mine last night. Drum pads are equivalent to push 2 level and you get more desk space. I will try out chord mode and sequencer later.

1 Like

More desk space? Is it smaller?

À little smaller than the push 2, but enough to put something there. Usually I have a physical notepad when I’m building kits or patches. It’s enough space just to squeeze it into my desk.

Mine just arrived at home. Looking forward to giving it a whirl later!

1 Like

Yeah. Wow. This thing is just great as a sequencer. Powerful, simple access to everything you need in terms of setup, and quick workflow. It’s also hard to describe, but this thing just feels wonderful; the pads are responsive, the build quality seems sturdy, and it’s just a joy to touch and manipulate. Early first impressions are very positive.

5 Likes

Anyone have good demo videos up yet?

Anyone been able to test this way of punching in notes to do an arp?

I’ve been super surprised at the lack of videos in this thing because, as you can probably tell from my earlier post, I love it. A solid review of the standalone operations would sell a lot of people on it, I think.

I’m a bit surprised Loopop hasn’t reviewed it…

1 Like

Even Loopop needs to sleep sometimes…

4 Likes

I disagree, that man is a machine!

1 Like

I bet he will do one

1 Like

Hope so! I always learn something from his videos even (or especially? :laughing:) when I own the thing he’s reviewing.

1 Like

Citation needed. :smiley:

I try to never curse on forums but: I fcuking love this thing. A joy to use.

Well done, @Calc!!!

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm if the sequencer records the poly aftertouch info?

When in Sequencer mode the pads do not transmit Aftertouch, as far as I can tell. So I don’t think you can record Aftertouch into the Sequencer from the pads. Maybe it will record Aftertouch into the Sequencer using an external MIDI device.

ordered today. really excited about this controller since ableton and ipad are my major tools at the moment.

2 Likes

It does not record aftertouch. The sequencer is a step sequencer, not a MIDI recorder - and so doesn’t handle things like aftertouch, channel pressure, or CCs.

Like the Circuit, it can handle multiple notes per step, and each with their own velocity and micro-timing, though editing this can be tedious. Nonetheless, it is really a step sequencer, and sticks to that structure.

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks. Is it possible to have 3 sequencer tracks running and use the 4th track for live playing w/ poly aftertouch?

An option would be switch to note mode or chord mode instead which support aftertouch and a bigger area of notes to play. You can also specify the midi channel for these so if you want to match that to the channel of the 4th track then you can.

2 Likes