Novation Launchpad Pro Mk3

Congrats! I’ve been using it primarily with Beatmaker 3 and AUM. I’d sworn off the former because I never liked the DAW side of its amazing sampler, but now I can use the amazing sampler with my fun sequencer! And I can record patterns into BM3 if I want to try and work on stuff on the go. Pretty great so far! (Not that I don’t have one or two ideas about minor things to add to the MK3 to improve it… :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

Is it possible to assign multiple one shot samples to one of the 4 tracks similar to sample locking on the Elektron sequencer?

I do not own one but since it is a midi controller it is not related directly to the launchpad but much more to what you actually drive with it if I understand correctly…

I think you can set one track to a drum track and have multiple samples on it. Not sure how this would be configured with your sample player though.

It’s only a MIDI controller and sequencer. It does not generate or playback audio.

1 Like

Right okay, so you cannot store midi notes/data in the devices storage?

No, you can store your patterns, scenes (collections of patterns), and projects Internally.

I recommend reading the manual if you’re interested in the device, or watching some of the videos from NAMM where Novation representatives explain what it is and what it does.

time for a proper video tutorial :slight_smile: where are all these influencers when I need them?

1 Like

Maybe they all came down with NAMMthrax?

There is a distinct lack of the usual glut of YouTube demos.

2 Likes

@Unifono @jamesstiff

The lack of videos is very strange to me also. Ricky Tinez is out for somewhat obvious reasons (I guess), but the only long video is the BoBeats one.

It’s odd.

Speaking of Ricky Tinez, he’s doing a demo at Perfect Circuit on Wednesday 19th Feb with a livestream on YouTube.

1 Like

OK, so like I mentioned earlier, this thing is amazing. It’s basically the updated Circuit (minus the sounds) that I’ve wanted for some time. I had it out of the box for less than an hour before I was making music with its internal sequencer.

Looking forward to trying an all-hardware setup next!
14 Likes

Really beautiful jam/track/video

1 Like

Great video! A cool trick for instant basslines is to assign a couple notes you like to a single step, set probability a bit low and set pattern length to a single step. It’s a bit like mutation but with more control over which notes it might pick. Works great on mono bass synths!

2 Likes

Awesome! I was tinkering with something a little bit more elaborate than this, but this sounds like it could be really fun. I’ll give it a whirl.

Absolutely lovely piece of music you made there❤️

EDIT: Made me go back to Tycho’s first albums. Storm’s coming in over here and we’ve been advised to not leave the house. It’ll be wonderful to listen to your music when I’m watching the trees bend and the river foam.

1 Like

This is really beautiful!

2 Likes

I received mine this weekend. What a fine piece of hardware.
Solid build - pads works like a charme.
I’ve used the AKAI mpd218 with the DT.
Pads on the LP Pro are smaller but way better.

I am also using Novation’s Launch Control XL - knobs’s and sliders are okay, but the push buttons do not really response like the pads on the LP Pro MK3 - on the LP Pro their response is lightening fast - for muting tracks this works far better than on the LC XL
You can customize your own layout.

I am working on a layout for both the DT and OT.
I have 2x LC XL ; 1 for the DT and 1 for the OT. Now the LP Pro MK3 will have it’s place in the middle of those 2 ; Mutes for the tracks on the DT and OT ; Pads for live drumming on the DT and then I will still save space for a lot of other controls.

Also on big plus is that you will have 2x midi-out on this one.

I’t is also a perfect controller for the 1010music Blackbox
Now I can leave my Keystep and MPD218 at home.
BB + LP Pro mk3 = the perfect portable set-up

1 Like

Tried mine yesterday with ableton.
Couldn’t explore the standalone sequencer yet but one thing I can say is that the hardware is a beauty. The pads are my most favorite I tried so far. Super responsive, and the size is perfect for my playing

3 Likes

I tried it with the included license of 10 lite and it was awesome. The Print to Clip function is sick.

Not too sure about the device control pages yet though. On the fence. Maybe with more experience it’ll become a bit smoother.

2 Likes