Novation Peak

Well that’s what I thought, but they said they couldn’t guarantee that I wouldn’t pay customs again. Well…I did.
Waiting for my replacement, I get the call from shipping saying they couldn’t deliver until I paid customs.
I filled out a form to try to get my initial customs back on the Hydra I sent back. Nothing still. I’ll assume I’m not getting that back.
I was looking forward to moving back to Canada. But I’d been gone so long…I can’t wait to get outta here.

@phaelam That’s absolute bullocks. They probably just didn’t bother filling in the right form or specifying it clearly, when shipping the replacement to you. That’s why.

No one would buy internationally anymore and people wouldn’t buy from popular online stores like Amazon either anymore, if they can’t get warranty/repairs without double paying import tax.

1 Like

I looking at getting the hell outta here and back to the US. Novation have been awesome…told me not to worry about the animate buttons. It’s covered and have three years to get a replacement. So, when I move back they will replace.
They have been most helpful!

4 Likes

Yes I know about Novation’s excellent customer support.

Just look at how long they have been supporting the Novation Circuit with over 9 firmware updates the past 5 years.

They seem to be doing the same with the Peak, so I am strongly considering buying one in the future, since the Summit is outside my budget range.

2 Likes

So far…fully dig the Peak. :+1:t6:

4 Likes

I’ve got my peak for a week now and I’m getting increasingly enthousiastic about it. It’s FM and mod matrix allow for pretty intricate FM-patches.

Today I made this upright piano-patch:
FM UprightPiano.syx (527 Bytes)
Enjoy! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Loading this on today! Thanks for the hook.

1 Like

Sharing sounds is so EASY with Peak. Very nice feature.

Too bad there isn’t an editor. I’d love to rearrange if I could.

How do chose which patch it loads up with. Mine seemed to be stuck on C17 :confused:
I thought it stayed on last used.

Open the settings menu and press SAVE and the current patch will be loaded as the startup patch from then on. Not sure if there’s a way to set last used patch to be the default, doesn’t look like it.

5 Likes

I found a solution. After having messed up your patch, simply hold “compare” and then press “save”. When releasing the buttons, the patch plays with its original settings again without you having to hold down a button. And you can navigate away from the save menu as normal.

7 Likes

And I found yet another hack: While holding back the “compare” button, all adjustments you make will go away once you release it again.

9 Likes

Whoa never knew this!!!

Since you can’t send p-locked midi CC data from Analog Four to the PEAK (or any other external gear for that matter), I’m looking into feeding it CV signals. I’ve already figured out how to use the CV-in port of the PEAK, but shouldn’t I be able to use the two pedal ports as well? I’ve tried running cables from my CV-out ports on the Analog Four to the pedal-in ports on the PEAK, but I can’t get it to work.

Any pointers? Is this possible to do?

Haven’t tried sending CV to the pedal imputs, but have you consulted the manual?

Yes, not much is mentioned regarding the pedal inputs. Basically only that you can insert your pedals into them (duh) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m going to guess that they don’t accept CV because if they did, there would just be 3 multipurpose inputs versus a separate CV. Who knows though, my Odyssey accepts CV through the pedal input! Maybe they just wanted to have the CV input differentiated and on a 3.5mm jack so it was more Euro-compatible without having to use an adapter.

Have you used the CV input on your Peak with the A4 just to verify that the A4 is sending correctly?

You need a cv to midi converter.

You should be able to send p-locked stuff to peak. I do from DT or DN…etc.
latest A4 update was supposed to enable sending midi no?

Yes, but you have a page where you can send midi cc signals only, right? I’m trying to send midi signals from random parameters (like, I don’t know, the release amount).

That would make sense, but what is going on in this video then? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50k0XXM_lHk

Did you mean: you need a DT or a DN to do that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like