Novation Peak

It’s great for pads, unsurprisingly. Switch the filter to 12db and it softens right up. The two big pluses for pad work on the Peak are 1) the amount of modulation available (you can create very long evolving soundscapes, especially using very slow LFO modulation of the waveshapes) and 2) the effects - the reverb and chorus are both quality. One of the best built-in synth reverbs I’ve heard.

Same caveat applies though - the filter does have a distinct character and you should make sure you like it.

I find a lot of demos of the Peak focus on heavily distorted or overdriven stuff, or the wavetables, which is really only a subset of what it does. There are a few different examples though, eg:

http://legowelt.org/novation-summit/

3 Likes

nice demos. He also did some videos on the peak recently.

7 Likes

Nice, hadn’t seen those. :thup:

User wavetables incoming peepl.

4 Likes

WTF…FUrillz?

Oh yea dewd get stoked!

damn…novation man!
those guys are sick, great prod support. looking forward to that!
thanks for heads up.

1 Like

Waaaaaat. Damn. Can’t be as oversampled as the factory ones are, right? So we’re potentially getting a more gritty aliased wavetable sound to add to the Peak palette? Big if true.

Cool cool… Still not getting warm with this synth. MAYBE this will change everything!

Where did you get that information?

V1.2.2 is available since 2 days in components, it adds 10 user waves it seems (and maybe more things), but there is no info on this firmware right now, so don’t even know how to send wavetable, but seems obvious to me that it will using components.

1 Like

Not getting warm with the Peak? I really doubt that this will change everything for you, just a cool added feature.

1 Like

One of the best things about Novation is that they seem to organize their software/firmware very well. For example, I am super confident that Peak will continue to be refined as they build out support for Summit, instead of treating Peak and Summit as completely unrelated products.

I would still love an Overbridge-like experience for Peak/Summit, but that would just be icing on the cake.

3 Likes

WHA? dude it’s warm…I mean after having Hydra…its DEF warm. not as warm as say a prophet…but still pretty nice.

Oh totally. Summit is just two Peaks in a box with a few things from the menu gaining panel controls, and a cool filter routing option since there’s two, so developing for the Summit is developing for the Peak!

1 Like

just installed the new firmware. scrolled through the wavetables and at the end there are user wavetables. niiiiiiiiice!!!

1 Like

k wait WHAT…its out? [why don’t I get emails]

COOL…checking…

looks like there are new Legowelt sounds!

yep 10 user slots :+1:t6:

[I love the way you can get sounds from their app. so good]

1 Like

User wavetables? This is what my day needed.

I just didn’t know it until now.

1 Like

Now we just have to figure out how to get the wavetables onto the synth

1 Like

Pretty sure there will be some videos about this on thursday. :slight_smile:

Have you checked. The NI app? Same one for soundbanks. I didn’t check to see if there was an update for it. Maybe that’s how to get em in.