Novation Peak

There wasn’t any new options in the components app. I newer use presets so I haven’t checked if some of those have those waves. Since it’s only 10 user waves I’m pretty Shute those don’t follow patches and need to be loaded in advance.

https://components.novationmusic.com/peak/wavetable-editor/new

Wavetable editor! You can draw in your own wavetables. I used to love to draw custom waveforms on my old S-330 sampler. This is going to be awesome!

14 Likes

What ??

Nice! reminds me a bit of @Ess 's Hard/Softcore single cycle waveform tools

Oh wow. So I guess that’s how they get the same high resolution as the factory wavetables. Looking forward to playing with this!

Edit: I see you can import audio files or third party wavetables too. So now I have to try the Immortal Waves pack.

7 Likes

big update and so great noisia made some wavetables for novation <3

Ooh, this is fun! Gotta love Novation

1 Like

Tim Shoebridge has an overview too:

4 Likes

Watched the video and answered my own question…

3rd party wavetable compatibility.

Some Noisia wavetables too :grinning:

This new wavetable editing tool is incredibly cool, the Peak and Summit are the coolest synths on the market. I mean, this tool is seriously tricked out and easy to use, Live Edit feature is fucking awesome, and Components as a whole is soo slick and works so well. My Peak felt like an amazing value when I purchased at launch, the sound is so gorgeous, and it has gained so much since that time! Literally every feature I wished for after using it for a few weeks is now implemented as if by magic. Thank you Novation!!!

12 Likes

Wow…that’s sweet!

Novation! :+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

1 Like

Trying to sell some stuff to get a Peak…I had once at launch but sold it soon after…now seems worth it for sure!

I looked in components and I see the new wave tables…but I don’t see the ones that were on the Peak. the initial 1.2 60 wavetables. they are in my Peak but dont show in components.

Novation, still the best firmware updates in the biz.

5 Likes

my peak just arrived today. super blessed to have a new firmware drop the same day.

4 Likes

yer stoked…I already messed with a wavetable…and it came out sick!

have fun man!

3 Likes

So I updated the firmware and used components to upload some wavetables to the peak. Today when I turned it on they had gone. What do I need to do to make them permanent?

There is a nineth page in the oscillator menu now where you can save your user wavetables to the synth

2 Likes

Novation’s video posted up thread shows how to save them to the machine towards the end.

1 Like