Novation Peak

Ah yeah, that sounds more like it!

question [I could start digging around, but you guys know a lot]

the ARPā€¦
its got some preset patterns. are these editable? could we make our own?

I donā€™t think so, those are pre-defined. From the manual :

Arp Rhythm
Displayed as : Rhythm
Initial value : 1
Range of adjustment : 1 to 33

As well as being able to set the basic timing and mode of the arp sequence (with the
ArpMode and SyncRate parameters), you can also introduce further rhythmic
variations with the Rhythm parameter. The Arpeggiator comes with 33 pre-defined
arp sequences; use the Rhythm parameter to select one. In very general terms, the
sequences increase in rhythmic complexity as the numbers increase; Rhythm 1 is just a
series of consecutive crotchets, and higher-numbered rhythms introduce more complex
patterns, shorter duration notes (semiquavers) and syncopation.

1 Like

was wondering if there was an app where you could do that. no biggie

You made me think to look at Novation Components (other than the manual). It appears that you can do Tuning Tables and edit Wavetables (Wavetable Editor) beside uploading Patches from others and FW updates. So, nothing there for editing Arp Rhythms. Maybe a 3rd party.

1 Like

Itā€™d be great if they could add it as a firmware and components update at some point ā€“ like they did with wavetables, add a few user slots kinda thing

Agreed. :white_check_mark:

a little bit furtherā€¦it may seem a bit obvious and iā€™m not trying to be an ass or anything, but anyone using the Peak is going to be controlling it via some sequencer that likely has some or plenty of arpeggiator functionality. the arp options on the Peak are great to have of course for those using a more simple MIDI controller or wanting some built-in tricks in Peak patchesā€¦and i think thereā€™s a good variety of arp options on the Peak, but yeah, iā€™ve rarely used its own arp for much. obviously use cases vary tho!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I asked my question. I donā€™t use its arp at all. I like Logics arp more or use the MNMs or DNs arp on it. You can do cooler stuff.

1 Like

Can anyone tel me how to reset/reload a patch to itā€™s saved state? Iā€™ve read and searched the manual to no avail. I keep just turning the patch knob to a neighbouring patch then back again as a work around! Thanks

1 Like

This is what I do, and itā€™s pretty quick and easy (too easy, a lot of people feel - itā€™s very easy to lose unsaved changes by turning the patch knob when you meant to turn the value knob, or just hitting it accidentally). I donā€™t think thereā€™s another way.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know if it will work in your setup, but sending the current programā€™s MIDI PC is what I do.

1 Like

Hey guys, Iā€™ve got a question and was hoping someone here could help me. Does anyone know how to keep a different midichannel than 1 between powercycles? Right now i have to switch the midi channel every time i turn it on. The one with the answer gets my eternal gratitude :pray:

You have to hit SAVE to save the settings.

3 Likes

I think if you hold save while in the settings menu it will save the settings :slight_smile:

@finalform can we split the eternal gratitude?

3 Likes

It took you longer to type because of the smiley, but that makes it more polite, so itā€™s all yours. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Appreciate that grace! Luckily thereā€™s plenty to go around :slight_smile:

On a related note, I never figured out how to choose what patch the Peak starts up with. (I donā€™t have one anymore, just trying to keep it on topic)

1 Like

It saves the current patch as the startup patch when you hit save in the settings menu - itā€™s considered part of the settings.

2 Likes

My eternal gratitude to you both!! I feel like a huge derp now though haha

1 Like

Mostly ambient pads from this lovely synth!

8 Likes