Novation Peak

that sounds about right. only issue is…ive signed on to NGNY…so I can sell. but I can’t replace till 2023

3 Likes

:thinking:
@phaelam can’t you use one of the osc and/or filter fm to add mid range frequencies?
With all the amplification / distorsion stages, I don’t feel like an additional FX is needed: you’d better work further within the Peak until you identify what’s “wrong”.

2 Likes

or sell it. im going thru all my shit trying to see why it stays.

the Peak was on deck. its being moved to the sale pile.

thanks

3 Likes

Stay strong! :wink:

1 Like

When I hear a programmed sound without fx being back in a mix, I’d think it’s either envelopes or the filter that needs tweaking. Closed lowpass or a band pass?

:muscle:t6:

No problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did an init, went thru everything, zeroed it all out and started that way.

I think it’s just not me. I can get some rent money for it :wink:

1 Like

If you start looking for reasons to sell it, just sell it. Even if the gear is not at fault.

Im pretty sure this comes down to mixing. Remember, if everything is loud, nothing is loud.

I loved my Peak. Had to sell it to finance the Waldorf M. But i see myself getting one back again.

1 Like

It’s the only thing making sound. Not much to mix :slight_smile:

I’m chopping away a the kit list. Goal to have 4 bits left when I’m done. Peak is not making my ears happy…bye bye.

2 Likes

Weird. Just doesn’t sound like peak imo.

2 Likes

I didn’t throw this suggestion out there willy-nilly… I also find the Peak has a certain tonality to it, which sometimes is great as is, other times, when using it with other gear, it needs warming up to sit. It’s just mixing. I don’t think it’s a crime to tone shape something to work… ever heard a Strat on its own?

1 Like

Yes indeed. :thinking:
I quickly figured that a strat doesn’t have filter + overdrive + distorsion + chorus + delay + reverb, nor all the options offered by the Peak to sculpt a sound.
But anyway, if @phaelam feels like traveling lighter, all good.

3 Likes

question RE: user wave tables…

the ones I load or create in the Novation editor sound NOTHING like they do in the editor inside the Peak. am I missing some setting or something. shouldn’t they sound the same after a fresh init, as they do in the editor?

adding: when I upload my wavetable…it doesnt stay in my Peak. I have to reload it when I power up.
there’s gotta be a way to store in the box, no?

https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013523460-Saving-User-Wavetables-to-Peak-Summit-

1 Like

:+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

http://syntezatory.net.pl/novation_peak_summit.htm

Well the Peak/Summit is one of his favorite synths ever, the review was good, I didn’t agree with every single thing but I think it’s pretty on. Some flaws, sure, but one of the coolest synths ever.

5 Likes

Overall, he‘s really praising them compared to other of his reviews.

2 Likes

It might have been a while since you put these Peak/Summit patches up here, but I was looking for a Rhodes patch for my Summit and you’ve done a great job. Thanks!

2 Likes

A wee tutorial on making an evolving, ambient arp on the Peak.

9 Likes

Was this a regret? How is M?