Novation Peak

There are no regrets for now. I really love the M. It’s just like how I imagined a wavetable synth should be. And it just sounds awesome.

Wavetables on the Peak is a little bit of a let down. Usable, but I wanted a bit harder and crunchier sound from them. But the Peak is so versatile that it can fit in with everything. And I loved it for analog type sounds.

My long term plan was to replace the Peak with the M, and an analog poly. Just waiting for the Behringer polys, as I can’t spend the kind of money a Prophet 10 costs. Hehe

2 Likes

Did you not make a Peak soundset for sale after all?

Hoping to do one in the next few weeks. Just been super busy with work and just being lazy!

1 Like

Cool, be sure and post to this thread if you finalise :slight_smile:

Just bought my second Peak. I sold the first one to fund a Super 6 and always regretted it, it is a great package.

The Super 6 is awesome and the Peak will complement it very well.

1 Like

Just ordered the desktop Super 6, arrives tomorrow! Looking forward to pairing it with the Peak.

2 Likes

Awesome. That’s the two synths I have (S6 keys). The are very different.

Played the Peak last night and loved it. Lots of shimmery overtones, love tweaking it.

My only complaint with Peak is I wished the osc levels were higher resolution or analogue. You can hear stepping when bringing them in slowly from nothing, even with VCA gain turned right down to single digits with digital wavetables. I appreciate I am using it in a weird way though.

Peak is an ambient powerhouse. Super 6 has a very natural, almost acoustic quality to it, very spacious and luxurious.

2 Likes

Just had a play with the Super 6, my goodness love it so far. It will sound amazing with the Peak. Even without a reverb it just sounds as lush as the Peak.

5 Likes

What about when you modulate the levels? I think the internal resolution for modulation is generally much higher.

Here is my first patch library for the Peak. 50 patches, mostly deep, atmospheric pads.

6 Likes

instant buy <3 thx

1 Like

Thank you for this :slight_smile:

Thanks much appreciated!

Huge update (2.0) just released for Peak & Summit:
https://components.novationmusic.com/peak/updates

18 Likes

Woah, this is fantastic, and deep!!
There’s a lot to be excited about, but ‘Noise added a mod source’ immediately jumps out to me (and the panning voices! and lofi delay! and… and… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

What what whaaaat? Amazing! Love the new FX mod destinations and stereo options.

I’m surprised this is a 2.0 (i.e,. major number) update. Not that it isn’t huge, but so were wavetables and scales. I wonder if this doesn’t represent some big internal re-write of the firmware, with advances that will be further exposed in more minor number updates coming soon. This may just be wishful thinking on my part, but I hope I’m right.

1 Like

I mean this is WAY bigger than the previous update IMO. The feature list is crazy.

4 Likes

Had a play with this update last night and it’s really nice. I love the lofi delay mode, and it’s also nice to use noise as a modulation source. A hint for people who like to use noise - you can HP/LP filter it in the Osc section (I think?)

Noise controlling delay time had me going for a long time, absolute lofi bliss. :heart_eyes:

It kicks in quite strongly. +1 is more than enough.

The Animation Envelopes are amazing too, and the fact that you can now modulate a lot more effects parameters. And don’t get me started on the arpeggiator chance - great for endless ambient noodle washes.

Amazing update.

8 Likes

I don’t have my Peak anymore but this update sounds wicked.

1 Like

Looking forward to digging into this update, sounds amazing!