Novation Peak

Novation is fire when it comes to supporting their products. Great update. The noise High Pass was something I was jealous that Summit users had that peak users didn’t.

Can’t wait for the Ricky Tinez video on this

2 Likes

Aren’t you in luck:

3 Likes

Watched the whole thing. Really love his enthusiasm.

The noise as a mod source is way cooler than I thought it would be, it’s getting into bit crush territory.

This is a synth that keeps on giving lol. It’s shit like this why I can’t sell it even though I have both a peak and a hydra. I know they’ll come out with an update and I’ll be lusting lol.

1 Like

it’s pretty big for the summit. it fixes quite a few of the bugs that brought it down. 2.0 makes sense. it’s like a rebirth.

The Animation envelopes make Animation much more useable for me. I never really liked the sudden switching in or out. This whole update is so good.

5 Likes

Animation envelopes was a feature I requested (I’m sure I wasn’t the only one). Game changer. Such a great update.

5 Likes

That’s why it’s important to submit requests directly to the companies.

3 Likes

It’s be cool if they made some new patch banks to show off these new features :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Omg why isn’t everyone talking about patch cue? No more accidentally switching patches when I bump the encoder? That’s worth a 2.0 on its own!

9 Likes

Yeah that’s my fav update feature too. But also you need to turn it off if you want to preset surf quickly.
I dislike the flange/phaser.

1 Like

Yeah, I wish it was set table without going into a menu. Like, press patch + and patch - together to toggle the mode or something.

But I’m happy with it either way. I’m usually either sitting down to check out a new bank (where I want instant patch loading) or making my own thing (where instant patch loading can lose me hours of work), never both.

Yeah, but how do I decline to change the patch and have that button stop blinking again?

I still haven’t used the animate buttons yet. Or made a multipatch (I’ve got a summit). Do you do animate like any other mod source? I assume animate can affect multiple parameters at once? What’s your guys favorite to do?

But I did officially use a sound for a recording yesterday and it’s a magical sound. So that makes me haply.

The envelopes for animate made it a lot more useful for me. You can set many destinations for either animate button (each connection uses a mod slot). I like sending it to noise volume, fm amount amounts, cutoff, lfo speeds, etc to change sounds rhythmically with a sequencer or the internal arp playing the notes. It’s kind of like a 2 button manual p lock option.

3 Likes

You need to start using the animate buttons!!! Now that they’ve got their own envelopes it’s like having triggerable envelope modulation. Even if you don’t use the animate envelopes it’s really fun to use them to bring the delay down to super short times for trippy effects, or assigned to distortion to have an alternate more overdriven sound that can be swapped between super quickly, or really anything you can think of, suuuuper useful.

3 Likes

Assigning one of the animates to the ring mod level is a go-to for me. Nastys up the sound on request.

Also remember all mod slots can have two sources, so you can take any of your favorite single source mods and add animate as the other source to make it triggerable — now with attack and release :drooling_face:

1 Like

You don’t. It’s there to shame you, a continuous reminder that you almost blew away your progress, and only by the grace of the 2.0 gods have you been spared. You can only atone by saving and then tapping the patch button (which is now “cueing” the patch you just wrote).

Or by turning it off and back on again, I suppose.

Lol, I figured!
It might be as simple as going back to the patch one was working on, and hitting “patch”. Hopefully that won’t erase the unsaved work. Will report :slight_smile:

does anybody know if there’s a way to make the peak/summit start with the last patch you were using on startup, rather than the first patch?

Sort of, save the global settings while in the patch of your choice and it will reboot on that patch. I suppose if you always do a quick global settings save before turning it off you can have it reboot on your last patch.

1 Like