Novation Summit

Ok Summit freaks I just spoke with Decksaver and they say that it’s been requested that they make a Decksaver for the Summit… however, they typically make things when a critical mass asks for it! PLEASE, all Summit owners, head to the Decksaver site and put in a request that they make one! Hit them up on twitter too, get on it, mine is already hella dusty and it’s brand new! Need that lid bad.

2 Likes

More useless plastic for the environment. Use a towel or something :frowning:

8 Likes

Summit’s a pretty big device for a decksaver. I use an elasticated fabric dust cover for my midi keyboard, I should think you could easily find one the right size for the Summit. The big advantage of a decksaver is that it protects the device from knocks, which makes them great for transporting stuff. If it’s just dust then a fabric cover is fine.

I’ve always purchased from DigitalDeckCovers since I started on my synth journey. They’re custom fit fabrics.

I have one from the Korg ARP Odyssey I sold that fits over the Analog Rytm + Digitakt lol, so if your gear is fluid, they can still work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t know many deck savers that don’t fall off when you tip the gear over. The idea of sticking Velcro on the gear to hold a deck saver in place is worse to me than dust.

Sacrilege!

IKEA sell 61 key sized towels in dark grey. Perfect for Summit.

1 Like

Divin1tal I like those from digitaldeckcovers too, I have one for my Odyssey and my Digitone Keys… unfortunately, my cat loves the fabric they are made from and likes to make biscuits on them, so they have to get covered up with towels and sheets anyway lol. Without the cat though, they would be perfect!

Two cats here…they have no interest in music gear. They prefer catnip stuffed toy mice and their tree.

Get em a cat tree, maybe they’ll ignore your gear. :+1:t6:

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice man :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The tree is eco-friendly too. At least where I got mine. :+1:t6:

Thought i could start recording small jams, just because i can. Saw waves, with a bit of chorus.

3 Likes

Has anyone used the aux outputs much? If so how have you used them?

Would really love to be able to control the filters of each parts with the OT whilst sequencing with separate tracks.

Anyone know if it’s possible to control both parts’ filter cutoff independently/simultaneously?

Use midi channels.

2 Likes

Sad news:

Oh no. :frowning:

And now I’ve played a Summit for a good few hours. Absolutelty lovely instrument. No way I’m trading my Prophet 12 for it :blush:

2 Likes

Do tell :grin:

1 Like

I guess the point is, there’s nothing to tell :slight_smile: it’s a fantastic synth. I didn’t feel I got anything out of it that resembles the character I love so much about the Prophet 12.

I took me a good while before I got close enough to the Prophet, tho, so the same can probably be said for the Summit. But some instruments just reveal themselves from the get to, and the Summit either did and then I made the right call, or it didn’t but it doesn’t matter because I’m good with what I got, if that’s the case.

If anything, I got nothing out of it I hadn’t heard before, lovely as it was. It was like, “Ooh, that’s nice. That’s the Grainy Dust Pad right there.” Or “Ooh, that’s the Pro 1 bass right there.” Or “Those are some lovely Arp Strings right there”, or “That’s Crazy Modulation Arp Patch going.”

With the Prophet 12, I frequently end up with “What the hell is this? I can’t use this. It sounds awful.” But it’s a gateway to something beautiful, most of the time, beyond all that filth.

Summit was nicer on the ears, tho. The P12 often cuts through my hearing like knives of glass, I have to be careful with its frequencies. The Summit was much more polite and in this case, that’s preferable.

2 Likes

Do anyone know if the keybed does poly aftertouch, to the internal synth? I have a Peak and I’m sure I read it can do poly at. I’m thinking of upgrading.

not poly after touch. but it can receive poly AT info. ive used Hydrasynth to control Peak.