Octatrack 1.40

Looking forward to randomising the playback page, that’s gonna be wild :crazy_face:

3 Likes

So if external midi can trigger slices and slots…does that mean we can externally ARP our OTs?..

Great!
I love can change tempo per Pattern
someone knows if it is solved the bug in pick up machine when the recording play randmonly in reverse?

Yep. Same for slots

5 Likes

Holy hellfire! That’s what I’m talking about! :partying_face:

3 Likes

The last part with all the breakbeats made me stiff man… :fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

So with a 16 pad controller, could you map 4 slices, from four tracks on 4 rows. Each track being monophonic, it would essentially turn each row into a choke group, which would allow you to finger drum in a beat over the four tracks. But there would still be the limitation of only being able to record to one track at a time. Am I understanding this correctly?

1 Like

We didn’t talk about it IIRC. Ask support if it occurs again…

W95-RANDOM2

1 Like

You can record several tracks triggering trigs 9-16. I have to check if its possible to record slices/slots at the same time.

3 Likes

these few features will keep me busy for a long time.
should sell my other stuff to be not distracted :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

AK and DK multimap could open up a lot of interesting possibilities using the keyboard zones with OT.

Is all I’m sayin’ :laughing:

7 Likes

trigger sample slices via midi??? is that…really happening? i’m speechles, for now

3 Likes

Yes your videos have been inspirational – i know all of us would love to see a video of the OT updates if you have time

1 Like

figured out how to map slots to my launchpad pro, but i dont get how they are working across tracks. its whichever track is selected/focused on the OT is the one being triggered right? you cant simultaneously trigger the active track’s midi slots and others? and if we can trigger multiple tracks at once, will one track’s midi sample slot trigger choke the other? guess i should read some more of the new manual

also wondering if there is a way to randomize scenes that anyone may be aware of

Thank you Elektron!!!

And thanks for making it compatible with MkI :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

What a lovely surprise to stumble onto all dreary eyed this morning!

1 Like

Your text edit needs a bit crusher

3 Likes

Amazing update, the scope of the Octatrack just grew even more. Thanks Elektron! :heart_eyes:

Simply by sending the MIDI notes to the individual MIDI channel of the track (and not to the auto channel).

4 Likes

This is a nice surprise. Even the little things should make a difference. The page LEDs were bloody annoying.

[MKII] Greatly improved the LED intensity differences on <CARD STATUS> LED and <PAGE> LEDs.

and

Increased the length of the time-out countdown when selecting bank or pattern

That one caught me out more than once where I ended up removing the first trig instead of changing bank

Awesome stuff - Thanks Elektron

2 Likes