Octatrack 1.40

oh duh. thanks bruh :ok_hand:

Inspired by the events of yesterday, I’m offering to fight anyone here that besmirches the great Elektron name! We can take it outside whenever you like! What an unbelievable update, and the LED brightness thing has my update-senses tingling for the other machines… DT/DN update incoming!! 8 track polyphony behavior on the DT would not surprise me at all after this.

2 Likes

To remember:

1. Print newest Appendix C.3
  2. Throw out all midi processors that was doing all that.
3 Likes

Stuff like this update makes me a very happy Elektron fanboy :heartbeat:

Thank you, Elektron

3 Likes

Nah, there are still some quite useful scenarios for midi processors like remapping notes and/or channels for polyphony or when controllers won’t send them the way the OT want them.

5 Likes

:heartpulse:

I mean, this company…guys, they’ve made our hearts beat faster sooooo many times now!

2 Likes

and here I was considering selling my Octatrack…

21 Likes

Oh man the MIDI slots and slices thing would pair beautifully with the Torso T-1 I have on the way. Damn you Elektron I can’t afford this!

Edit: It should be possible for me to use trigless locks while incoming MIDI is triggering samples/slices at the same time right?

1 Like

oh great. now i’m looking for a used OT mk1… :loopy:

1 Like

Indeed, midipal for example has a dispatcher which can route chord notes to different channels, but yes tons of other fun stuff to be found with midi processors!

3 Likes

I hope you get one before the prices :chart_with_upwards_trend: again!

2 Likes

And on this day, they were. They truly were.

1 Like

Tested. You can record 8 tracks with slices! :loopy:

28 Likes

Octatrack, the Ever Living, getting an update in 2020

9 Likes

Gosh, the step preview is amazing.

2 Likes

This is so impressive, and so appreciated. Thank you @Elektron! As someone who works in software, I can’t imagine the mental gymnastics required to maintain a 10 year old codebase with the complexity of the Octatrack. Elektron deserves the highest respect. Can’t wait to get busy with these updates!

15 Likes

Speaking of mental gymnastics, I also can’t imagine being responsible for the manual :sweat_smile:
Thank you for all your work!

10 Likes

WTF is happening here? Is each track loaded with the same sample chain, each track mapped to different zones of the keyboard. Can you please explain the setup!? *Wow, this will make this machine far easier to play, rather than program. Very cool.

1 Like

bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Yeeeeeesssssssssssss! I was really hoping for BPM per pattern and trig preview, and thought midi triggering slices would be super cool, definitely didn’t expect to end up with all three and a whole bunch of other very useful features on top!
Thank you Elektron, very very stoked for this!

1 Like