Octatrack 1.40

To the @Elektron Octatrack devs:

12 Likes

Is it possible to route trig preview to the master outs rather than queue?

What?! I think this is what happened to me during a live performance in February. Thanks for telling. And thanks Elektron for fixing.

trig+yes: trig preview to master out
trig+cue: trig preview to cue out

4 Likes

Hello ! Is this possible to play those New midi features via the octa midi tracks ? When I use the new chromatic midi mode I just can listen the result when I’m in the audio track side of the OT, I cannot hear Audio tracks played via midi if I’m on midi pages. Not really convenient for midi loop back… is this normal ? Thanks elektron

1 Like

Other question : is this possible to play pitch’s over the slot or slice mode ? Or should I use midi Cc for pitch’s ?

Thanks Elektron for giving us something great in this baaaad 2020 :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Used it here :

Chromatic is a specific mode. CC16.

4 Likes

+1 :man_dancing:

1 Like

It’s a good year finally! :content:

4 Likes

Randomization is so good! Been messing around with it for the last hour… really revives the instrument for me. :elot: :3lektron: :thup:

1 Like

I wonder if Elektron is using the old “Scotty on Star Trek” manoeuvre…
“I’m giving it all she’s got!.. but here’s a little more ;)”

6 Likes

I was actually wondering if the 2020 we’ve had is what led Elektron to give three machines a facelift and the OT it’s first firmware update in some time. perhaps working remotely (I assume) slowed down any new machine development a bit.

1 Like

Yes. I used RK002 midi processor, which dispatch each note to a different midi channel (8 in this case) alternatively.

2 Likes

Ooooooo how are you doing this exactly? Didn’t know the arp could control audio tracks? I’m pretty new to octatrack.

Thank you! This is truly awesome. As I write this, I am making more amazing music on my “new” OT Mk1. It still sounds fresh and all encompassing. It is the hub of my studio. It is the center of my universe. It is the best f$&king performance mixer ever created. It confirms the continued expansion of the universe.

Your company is simply incredible. I love you and all the cool people on this forum. It has restored my faith in humanity.

The monoliths recently placed at random locations around the world was an unnecessary step. :alien:

7 Likes

Just joining the excited chorus and trying to find time to update and dig in to this

We’ve had Model:Cycles this year, right before the COVID crisis.
Plus OS updates for the Analogs.
And now this.

Btw, black was not just a facelift, IMO. It’s a return to the true colors of Elektron, and owning the two dark Analogs now I can tell you that the plumage is eventually up to the warbling :grin:

OK, I know, you would like to see a new big box…
But one can’t say it was a poor year when the dark trinity is back and updated.
:elan: :elot: :elan:

6 Likes

You just have to connect a midi cable between midi in/out. In MIDI mode, on a midi track select midi channel 1 to control audio track 1. Done. :content:

1 Like

Ave Sezare, in this config I only can hear the audio tracks played by the midi tracks if I’m in audio tracks pages. Is this normal ? :confounded:

2 Likes