Octatrack 1.40

I’m certainly not implying that they were lazy or didn’t do anything great this year! and I’m fine without another “big box” any time soon. I’ve got my hands full already with the other ones…

I was simply saying they’ve focused more on software updates and machine refreshes. and there’s nothing wrong with that; we all get to reap the rewards.

1 Like

Wonderful surprise. Thanks Electron! I hope this will boost OT sales. I reckon it will. AFAIK, adding new features to a machine released 10 years ago is unprecedented and can only serve to strengthen the company’s reputation.

3 Likes

OT deserved some attention to make the line more coherent. The Slices/Slots control is a great plus! Again Elektron listened to customers!

5 Likes

This uses RK002 midi processor for polyphonic mapping turning OT into an 8-voice “piano”.

Yes, you need to select MAP/TRACK and set the MIDI MAP for the track you want to control.

1 Like

I can’t tell what are your settings. I used MAP/TRACK, probably the only setting I’ll choose now…

Same config dude,

channel 1 x channel 1
map track x chromatic

I only hear the audio track sound when I’m in the audio track pages, not when playing or changing steps in midi pages :expressionless:

I was planning on boxing mine back up today after the fifth attempt to integrate the OT into my rig.

Some of these changes are exactly what i needed.

Im scared.

2 Likes

This really is a welcome update. The fixing of the outgoing MIDI Bank Select message problem is my personal favourite.

The exciting thing is that not only were the dev team able to fix bugs in a reputedly difficult OS but also to add additional features. Let’s hope that there might be even more bug fixes and maybe some more functionality in the future.

Hats off to the dev team and the management who allowed them to dive into Elektron’s oldest extant product.

22 Likes

Great to have this fixed on the MKII! It was a big gripe of mine.

7 Likes

Nor chromatic midi notes?
New project?

getting the ot again?!
Round 3🤪

Nop, did not work here :neutral_face:
it works with slots but didn’t with midi chromatic :face_with_thermometer:

Yowzers the people gonna have to start calling Ableton “Octatrack in a computer program” this rules.

12 Likes

Haha - I like it :laughing:

1 Like

Great update not the least for this machines age! Now I might be just stupied or it has been to long since I played on the Octatrack but I just don´t seem to understand how to change tempo per pattern from tempo per project. I have seen it is there when I push tempo but how do I toggle between the two?

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Actually, that’s not too far from the truth…

30 Likes

perfect, just perfect lol

Beam me up, Octy.

4 Likes