Octatrack 1.40

Damn, this really makes me so trig happy! :grin:

3 Likes

Yes and since you can PLock each step with completely different settings it is extremely useful to hear it immediately as you program that Trig.

1 Like

Great job Elektron! How many 10+ year old machines have there been that have received OS updates, and was still being manufactured? This is a great achievement. Keep up the great work! And Happy Anniversary OT!

2 Likes

You can report the issue, there are been a few ones reported since today.

3 Likes

Just tested the new OS, WOOOW that’s really an awesome update I not expected to happen on the OT, thanks a lot!

I even sold one of my past OT‘s due the slices via MIDI thing, of course knowing how much else the OT can do, early adopter who pre-ordered the OT before it came out…

Those subtle but important choices (e.g., amp randomize ignores vol & bal) are amazing, something one can rely on! Reload page, those dimmed LED‘s, multi-trig edit, trig preview, very nice improvements.

Thanks again, keep it up!

4 Likes

Indeed.

MKII] Doubling loops in Pickup machine did not work due to [TRACK] + [REC3] incorrectly invoked track erase instead of pickup multiply.

Seems the only bug fix related to PU machine.

I still have to check how to act on multiple trigs at the same time, it’s not mentioned in the release notes.

Maybe i missed something… no MIDI prog change possible within a pattern, right?

To be picky i have to regret they did not do anything about the behavior of Fill when in Arranger mode.

Great update! much more than I expected.

Can you still do the trick where you copy a reverb to effect slot one or was that “fixed” :smile:

1 Like

Well shit, i just sold my OTmki to help pay for something… i did free myself up for a mkii though

1 Like

Updated the firmware on my OT this afternoon and I’m sooo happy! Surprised at how much I like the dimmed LEDs now that it’s dark outside. Much, much easier on the eyes. Would love this feature on my Digitone as well! (or is it already there? i couldn’t find it)

2 Likes

With the new update I needed to make a reminder for how many octaves to drop on my Keystep for slide and slot triggering. Heh heh.

2 Likes

Combining this with randomize trig by trig should be fun :grin:

I don’t think there’s a mechanism to make it easier to select samples per pattern - right? I guess we still have to P-lock the sample?

Or change part.

Does anyone know if/how this can be done per step? This is another time where I wish we had a part for every pattern as that would make rolling the dice a whole lot more appealing.

Changing part always seemed a bit unintuitive. Bank change is the other mechanism. No worries though. Minor point.

It’s not. But it’s a great addition to OT for the exact reasons you mention! Rytm first, tho, please, that’s the brightest of all Elektrons - I’m almost scared to enter mute or chromatic mode in dim lighting!!! :joy:

5 Likes

and the gain on the compressor

1 Like

Never met a Rythm myself so I wouldn’t know about how bright its LEDs are! But now that I’ve seen the OTs lights dimmed it seems like a useful addition to all of their boxes to me. I have good hopes it’ll find its way into a future firmware update for the analogs as well as the digis :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When I open transfer I don’t see My octatrack as an option. Can anyone help guide me, pretty pretty please. I always get unnecessarily nervous doing an update.

I am going the sysex route, octatrack is plugged in, usb is connected transfer is open, on the startup menu, press trig 3 for midi upgrade…

1 Like