Octatrack 1.40

By far one of the coolest upgrades EVER! Thank you so much for your limitless support of this incredible product and still lookin out for the MKI users too. Today is a fantastic day!!!

3 Likes

You can also Copy/Paste multiple trigs!!!

4 Likes

Jailbroken? This is an official update :slight_smile: the manual has been updated as well!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday OT. And thanks to the whole Elektron team for still providing huge updates like this after ten years.

I could not justify the extra money for selling my perfect working MK1 and getting an anniversary edition. But this is such a great birthday present!

4 Likes

Instantaneous! As it was with CC48 control. The lag is an old story!

9 Likes

Lol yes. Marketing Bods in synth land heads up :
The tease is dead ! Long live the instantaneous gratification technique
RIP Bill Hicks who could’ve phrased it better

Same principle with OT’s arp.
Midi loopback. Precisions on comments.

18 Likes

Nice update thanks for it.

Wrong samples could be played when stopping the sequencer, reloading part, changing pattern,
and then starting the sequencer.

Finally it’s been fixed!!!

6 Likes

I will be very proud to pay the extra 150$ for the Anniversary Edition.

3 Likes

Nope. For next update? :content:
Pretty easy with a midi processor, mapping velocity to AMP VOL, even record length (more complicated).

4 Likes

Do you think we could expect more updates?

Have a look at the manual:

12.8 MIDI NOTE MAPPING FOR AUDIO TRACKS
Similarly, as the TRIG modes decide how the 16 [TRIG] keys are used to affect the tracks, you can also choose how incoming MIDI note data affects the audio tracks.

So the new functionality is basically that the TRIG modes have gotten another layer of control. One that can be controlled with incoming MIDI. Previously this functionality was only available when pressing the TRIG keys on the device. This new functionality is very similar to the TRIG mode settings. But one big difference is while the TRIG modes are global for all the tracks, this new MIDI MAP configuration setting can be set separately for each track. It is quite cool because it means that you can for example set the TRIG keys to control chromatic play of the sample while you at the same time can let incoming midi play (trigger) the samples in the sample slots. :slight_smile:

19 Likes
20 Likes

This is amazing news. Such impressive work, on a 10 year old machine!

Happy birthday Octatrack, you really are one of the best machines made this century, and millennium!

(Boring question, are our old projects compatible/tested with this new OS? As I’ve got a few currently being worked on, but would really like to update, but hesitant to risk in progress work!)

Edit: the release notes have blown me away! So many extra tweaks and workflow refinements! Hold track to see all values like on AR - THANK YOU!

Edit 2 - going to wait to update. It rhymes as it’s the right thing to do when important work is involved!

1 Like

MIDI trigs are amazing. So much fun. What an instrument.

1 Like

I’m on my 2nd OT and still wondered if it’s a good fit in my studio - it can be a hard machine to love, especially if it’s not the focus of your setup and you don’t know all the ins and outs. However, the MIDI slice triggering feature really just upped the way I can integrated it into my workflow. I will def. be keeping this for life. At this point, the only 2 things missing for me is a better way to handle clicks, especially with sample slices, and sample track polyphony! Oh, and the start stop visual abilities of the DT. :slight_smile:

Seriously, the fact that Elektron is still updating this thing after 10 years is fantastic. It makes me excited to see what they do next with the other boxes. Thanks to the whole team for giving us this fantastic holiday present.

7 Likes

What are you referring to?

I don’t have Octatrack but I’m happy for you guys this update looks amazing. Congrats Elektron to still upgrade their machine, even the MKI, after all theses years. Best brand for true gears.

5 Likes

Great :star_struck: So maybe we can hope for a Digitakt update in the futur too ?

Thank you and the team for this massive gift. :purple_heart: