Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

I agree, screen resolution is adequate, easy and clear to see, job done, nothing else needed.

Having tried a few touchscreen samplers with bigger displays I never felt that they offered any advantage at all, but plenty of disadvantages - finger prints, imprecise action, too much info on screen etc.

And it isn’t like there is a shortage of touchscreen samplers with a bazillion sounds, 100’s of fx etc and a simple UI if that is what you want, although might just as well use a DAW instead.

I am actually very pleased the Octatrack is continuing, it stands alone, you either get it or you don’t.

4 Likes

Thank god the Anniversary Edition is sold out and I can stop all the silliness, putting it into buy carts and then going for a walk around the house to think about it. :cry:

15 Likes

Some retailers still allow pre-orders for it it seems

Hey many congrats and welcome to the exclusive mini OT club. :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Is your carpet worn out? :smile:

4 Likes

Scheduled Delivery

Wednesday09/12/2020

I have a confession. I fomo’d into the new limited edition Octatrack last night.

Does anyone use two octatracks in the same setup? :sweat_smile:

It’s an investment piece.

5 Likes

Everything that refers to Bruce Lee, I like.

3 Likes

To be clear, I like the Octatrack. For me, it’s the only piece of hardware that offers something unique vs software. No doubt that you can’t really get the same results elsewhere. But it does have limitations, an odd workflow and a certain degree of archaicness (is that word?) that was present even when it released 10 years ago.

When it boils down to it I think we’re effectively saying more or less much the same thing here just with slightly different outlooks. The OT has quirks and an oddness to it. It can be fun and produce wild results. It’s the Maradona of hardware. A deeply flawed genius.

2 Likes

Octatrack MKII Illuminati confirmed :small_red_triangle:

5 Likes

I hear the call but not yet. I like the idea of one all super-connected up and central to my studio and maybe a wee 2nd hand mk1 that can be for around the house, taking to shows etc…

Every musical piece of equipment has limitations.

1 Like

Why not go the full hog: EVERYTHING has limitations!

1 Like

And thats why its no different from anything else. I give you quirky though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’d say a “flawed, deep genius” :wink:

2 Likes

Let’s go with a deeply flawed, deep genius then and call it quits :joy:

1 Like

First one is up on german eBay Kleinanzeigen for JUST 1799€ … Do you think allot just bought it to make a fortune with it?

your kidding?

No, I don’t.