Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Sold out. I was about to get it but decided to stick with the first idea : Pulsar-23.
Congrats to those who’ll get one ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://instagram.com/p/CIYKbWwhVFZ/
https://instagram.com/p/CIYAAQHpkhv/

found on instagram

10 Likes

That power cable in the last picture had me like “really? You’re going to do the hair on the screen joke with this?” :smiley:

3 Likes

I think this OT owner has special elektron electrical infrastructure to power machines from cable integrated into wall

2 Likes

Thought the carpet was matching, hmm custom artwork rug…

2 Likes

This pictures looks so crappy, but give some idea of ​​how the devices look not on semi-rendered promotion photo. Why elektron did not provide normal photos in real environment?

2 Likes

I am surprised, that there is still no black skin cover for the MK II. I was looking for one ever since DN and DT release. I’ll be happy to pay for one.

MKI vs MKII AE

18 Likes

Nice! Every time I see Octatrack AE, tho, my brain thinks Autechre version! Must have! :joy:

11 Likes

The first picture looks like the grey one.

1 Like

I still prefer the round buttons but jet black is tasty.

1 Like

AE looks significantly more like a prop from a sci-fi film. Like a panel in a spacecraft. Which makes it better, obviously.

4 Likes

I like how the two next to each other shows off how sleek the new one is, while the OG OT looks like an industrial tool. Highlights how mk 1 is a tried and true workhorse

3 Likes

For any Swedish elektronauts still looking to pick one up, Deluxe Music lists it as being in stock in their Stockholm store.

Seeing them side by side reminds me of something that I always noticed when I had my MK2… the step buttons appear to be so cramped together.
Of course in use this is not some inhibiting detail. The distance between the center points from one step button to the next is the same on the MK1 as the MK2. It’s just that the square buttons require so much more space. To have made them smaller would not have been a solution.
Form follows function.

And we can complain about how the arrow buttons don’t line up on the MK2, but it’s easy to ignore how the transport on the MK1 doesn’t line up with the page buttons.
In both cases these are just unfortunate results of deciding to keep the transport buttons isolated and less likely to be mistakenly pushed. Again, form follows function, yadda yadda…

2 Likes

Beauty and the Beast (<—>) :slight_smile:

1 Like

a Tale as old as time, well at least 10 years old

1 Like

lol :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see how the MK2 non anniversary black will look like :slight_smile:
I got the AR & A4 MK2 Black and they look gorgeous

2 Likes

The same here)
I bet on black rec buttons, no logo on left and regular screen frame

2 Likes