Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Happy anniversary :slight_smile: Are there any differences in quality or feel of the buttons and encoders compared to the previous model?

Dang, that GAS for AE.

Cured by the age old problem - no monies :cry:

7 Likes

Trust me Darenager it will only get worse with time as well.

Iā€™ll sell you mine. Unopened. ā‚¬2000

*Thatā€™s a joke before anybody ploughs in headfirst.

I wonder if this will turn into a Chase Bliss scenario with egregious scalping.

Just look at MD and MM prices. People are always on the lookout for making a few hundred more. Personally, I prefer to sleep well at night knowing I give people a fair deal.

6 Likes

Eh, there are plenty of OT Mk2 available, new and used, for reasonable prices. I donā€™t mind the scalping so much when itā€™s for a reskinned collectorā€™s edition which is scarce by design.

Scalping only becomes a real annoyance when it distorts the entire market for an item, like the new game consoles that are almost impossible for fans to get without paying 1.5-2x for a system that was purchased by a bot.

2 Likes

No matter how much I wanted something Iā€™d never buy from a scalper out of principle.

Ā£1000 since it is technically second hand, deal? :laughing: Just think of the great nights sleep youā€™ll have :sleeping_bed: :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Sold Out. it was quick :slight_smile:

Btw, scalpers (offtopic) ...

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/enthusiasts-cancel-scalper-ebay-listings-with-false-bid-bots

1 Like

I had totally thought this AE edition was like a flat Mkii size thing. But itā€™s the original size. Really compact and nice looking. I guess the red buttons are the only real addition? It looks great back in black. Outside of that happy with the grey mkii :grin:

You know i never knew that lol. I thought it was the same size as the MK2?

It is the same size as the MK2, which is almost the same size as the MK1 (MK1 is 3mm less deep).

2 Likes

Lol yes. When he said 'ā€˜original sizeā€™ i though he meant MK1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes lol - I was referring to mkii analog boxes. My bad. I thought it was like a flat version of that. But itā€™s actually the usual form factor

I just ordered one, sometimes itā€™s better to not resist. What can it do that my Mk2 doesnā€™t? Nothing, but itā€˜s an OT! I guess that doesnā€™t make sense, but I need it.

Maschine+, Moogs, MacBooks, ā€¦ No I just need a facelifted version of this perfect device.

3 Likes

For the future OT MKII AE owners

Nice theme match :fire:

11 Likes

I can relate to this, enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks darenager.