Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Honestly if you have the cash for the AE, I don’t think you can really go wrong buying one. It will hold its value much better than a standard mk2.

Yes, it’s a decent retailer.
And interesting prices, they seem to vary ± 100 CHF on the market prices, so it’s always worth having a look there.
Anyway, with my MK1s (OT/AR) still going strong, I simply can’t justify getting any MK2s yet. (knock on wood)

I used to live in Switzerland they have good prices on gear usually.

Since when was being rational about buying new gear a reason not to buy new gear?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do agree with that. I can actually see it dragging 2nd hand prices of non AEs up a bit too over time. The period of cheap as chips OTs could be over!

Yeah, same here. I think it’s cool with limited editions for those who truly appreciate the affectionate value it adds, but it doesn’t change the fact I left it for reasons the new edition doesn’t address. And why should it? It’s fantastic as is.

1 Like

Im still using Mk1s, thought about going the AE but decided against it as my OT is almost new, it would have been lucky to have seen 30 hours use.

Honestly I also expect the black standard batch to be more expensive than the current greys. Same happened when they launched the black analogs. Prices went up by 150 euros on both here.

2 Likes

The last time I left OT land was for financial reasons. Had made peace with that as functionally it was missing a couple of things and I was happy enough with Live/Push. That 1.40 firmware though. As big a “just when I thought I was out…” moment I think I’ve ever experienced.

Not many on the second hand market in the uk though which is a surprise. eBay was flooded with them a year ago!

5 Likes

Yes, the lower VAT compared to the EU makes quite a difference.
We have our disadvantages too though…

Why did you move away? Work-related I guess?

In this case rationality is inversely proportional to liquidity. :rofl:

3 Likes

I was there for several years for work and life experience. Moved back to Australia a few years ago mainly due to family reasons but probably could have stayed longer. Still not sure if it was the right move, financially I was better off in Switzerland. Happy to talk more in pm if you like!

1 Like

Yes will pm to stay on topic of course.
I have relatives in Australia, can’t wait for this pandemic to be finally over…
Last time I was there was in 2012, and I actually took my OT MK1 with me!

Australia has extremely high gear prices, I find.

1 Like

Who said I’m not? Music gear should be for music making and has no place being speculated on.

So you are getting one, nice!
being able to lock slots and slices from a keyboard is a game changer in workflow,
along with the trig+yes and multi trig editing

1 Like

Yes. It won’t be the first, though. I had the MK2 for three months but, after thoughts, I swapped it for the AR MK2 to go all in with OB. But now, with that Anniversary Edition and the incredible update, I just couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

Im going to hold off until the black version is out, the midi slice control and other updates changed my mind!

1 Like

Wondering when they’ll announce it. Next month perhaps ?

1 Like

It‘s in the current version, OS 1.40. Great one!

My local store just called me, at the end of the day when they’re closed, to tell me that they have it. I will have to wait until Monday.

Time to reorganize the room for the new born.

2 Likes