Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Who registers this SN now to get access to the Elektron Downloads?

I wouldnā€™t post a full SNā€¦

Yeah Iā€™d take that down if I were you, best to not post the whole thing

Yes, even though I have been there before twice now (2x mkI first, then 1 of each, so this will be first time 2x mkII) I have come to the realisation that 2 will work for me now, I was going to get another mkII before AE anyway, so it is just the icing and sprinkles on the cake :wink:

Before when I had 2 my setup was different, although quite possibly it will change again, from now on 2 OT will be my main instruments I reckon, the flexibility is just amazing especially given the update which addresses a lot of my niggles.

2 Likes

Noted :wink:

I agree. You really never want to post any serial numbers for any devices, especially when its part of a registry.

Just received mine one hour ago, holidays can be useful !

Number 235/350

he numerology energy represented by the number 235 resonates with self-reliance. Yet, also with acceptance and support of others.

The energy resonates with both solitary existence and with social activities. It is inquisitive and adventurous. And independent.

A person existing within 235 energy is highly likely to have a large portion of their attention on the goals they wish to accomplish ā€” which might be, as examples, to read a certain book, to run a mile in a specific amount of time, or to take a spaceship ride to Mars. They realize the benefits of teamwork but generally prefer to be self-sufficient. They are adventurous, optimistic, and creative.

The number 235 reduces to the single-digit number 1. The energy represented by the number 1 resonates with ā€” among other aspects ā€” self-determination, independence, and exploring new ways of doing things. It contributes the majority of the resonance represented by the number 235.

The number 2 energy adds teamwork, relationships, and diplomacy to the blend.

The number 3 energy adds creative expression, inspiration, and tolerance.

And, the number 5 energy adds curiosity, wit, and expression of a personal sense of freedom to complete the 235 resonance.

TOTALLY ME ah ah ah ah !

8 Likes

sssttt ā€¦ the grey ones will be the future limited edition second to the 350AE. I love my grey mk2, would fancy a 2nd :ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

That crossed my mind too, I think the grey are less common than mkI, I guess it depends how much longer mk2 black will be produced.

yes, totally. Min 2 years I reckon.

Hehe, I am not the type to take stuff like this too seriously, but mine was astonishingly coincidentally me, I just thought ah its like horoscopes it could apply to anyone, but then yours and some of the others donā€™t apply to me at all, but apparently they do to you, haha, maybe there is something to all this after all :laughing:

Spooky :joy:

Good stuff, but where is the music?

1 Like

Found it there.

1 Like

My 001 serial number(hopefully) which has been delayed by UPS. Im thinking worse case scenario someone has stole it. (nearly 7 days). Bax though have just offered me 10 percent off anything. Ah well swings and roundabouts.

There is something I noticed with the AE. The encoders are faster than theyā€™re on the MK1. I didnā€™t find a menu point where I can adjust that. For example to turn from the lowest to the highest I need just one turn, without pushing.

I think this is the exact same factory content as the standard mk2. Thereā€™s a separate folder with 700mb of exclusive content, but I donā€™t think there are any new preset patterns added.

Good or bad?

The thing that should make you annoyed is that we constantly have to scramble for many things we want to buy. Iā€™m not saying limited editions make matters worse, itā€™s the limited production that causes this frenzy. Look at Sonyā€™s PS5 debacle, Nikeā€™s SNKRS drops, Nvidia and AMD card bots, etc. Iā€™m not sure how we can fix this but it is a terrible customer experience when thereā€™s an unfortunate rat race.

Elektron couldā€™ve successfully announced all OTā€™s will be produced as Anniversary Editions going forward and repackaged their unsold grey MK2s. I know you all donā€™t want to waste your time and money searching and getting scalped or scammed so it takes some of these companies to recognize that they are causing social angst.

I would consider buying a Black MKII sometime in the future but the 350 units thing made many of you buy now when you probably didnā€™t need it now.

Iā€™m not talking $#!% peeps, I love you as a community and I respect this brand. Iā€™m just envisioning a better way for things going forward. I donā€™t like the ā€œdropā€ experience, that $#!% is for people who have nothing better to do. I would love to preorder a Black Octatrack MKII today but since I have to wait, why does everything have to be like this ā€œrat raceā€ experience? Some things need to be better in the future.

6 Likes

I wanted to pick up another OT because this update addressed most if not all of my complaints, and they happened to be selling a cool limited edition.

Not really comparable to the other examples you give, which are mass manufactured goods where demand is simply higher than production (right now).

1 Like

If it bothers me? A bit because I use both, the MK1 and the AE. So itā€™s a bit tricky.