Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

i don’t believe in that too, but i found it funny !

Apple is also having this problem.

Supply chains and production quotas are kind of a mess right now, Covid and all. Companies are being a bit bearish right now. No one wants to be stuck with a bunch of product they can’t sell

i’ll tell you this night, i’m gonna test the factory sounds

1 Like

Okay, I didn’t watch the video. Tbh I don’t use the card. Don’t ask why. I can’t tell. Had a spare one I use…

There’s a regular black MKII coming very soon (probably by January if I had to guess) so no worries. Let people go nuts over the limited edition if they want to. I won’t be buying into it because it’s mostly marketing imo. Strangely it’s made me consider a cheap MKI instead.

1 Like

It is. But I don’t care giving them a little extra money if they deliver a new out-of-this-world device. For me, it’s like investing in the company for future updates and devices.

4 Likes

@craig The regular black one, coming soon, is also “mostly marketing”, no?

3 Likes

Yes of course
The colour is a marketing move to boost sales in absence of a new flagship innovative product

Same for A4 and AR

The special version and cool paintjobs come alongside massive updates years after product launch. I’d rather have this than them releasing a superior product 3 years after the first, with a big ol S at the end of its name.

6 Likes

No one is forced to partake in this “rat race”. It’s your personal choice to hunt for the the latest new shiny.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed being in that rate race tbh. Our life is kinda difficult at the moment so let’s enjoy fun as much as we can if it’s possible of course.

8 Likes

Yes, indeed, I agree and I think in your case you made the effort and you got it in the end!

Well worth the hunt!:grinning::wink:

1 Like

When are you getting yours?

There were a lot of talks in all the last Stoor chat about the use of the Octatrack - very interesting pow on the use of OT

1 Like

Oh yeah ? I’ll go to watch it. The last jam with Luke Slater was very cool.
I should get it tomorrow if everything works fine. I already made the room between the other black units :slight_smile:

Yes check the last 3 Stoor knob twiddlers, OT was mentioned quite a lot.

If I got one I would use it with Rytm and a Modular

2 Likes

As long as they aren’t doing mkII versions and special paint jobs all the time I think it isn’t so bad. I don’t normally support the whole limited thing, especially like how Nike have handled the SNKRS app or how Sony have used the limited PS5 stock for marketing purposes. But I often think the simplest solution is to not indulge when that happens.

I do think the sudden way the OT was dropped was better than hyping it up, or doing a raffle or pre order etc. That would’ve attracted many more people who wanted to flip for profit. Unfortunate for those who couldn’t get one. Really I guess they could have just made them all anniversary versions from now on. I guess the new face paint just provides a bit of fun for those interested. The best part was that there was something for everyone with the update, which is good to know for anyone who missed out.

1 Like

That’s my plan. I’ll use the Rytm & Pulsar for the main drums
With the Octatrack I’ll use percussion & background loops but also to resample the modular and other synths and being able to sequence the slides. I will also use it to Midi control the Pulsar and the XT thanks to the LFO / Midi CC etc.
Of course, I also plan to send sometimes the A4 into it and use it in another creative way. Bring it, I can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

i really enjoy just compiling this list, lol
update

I think I got em all down to see which number units are left (23 spoken for)

6, 37, 58, 61, 67, 71, 78, 85, 147, 157, 184, 186, 191, 195, 203, 217, 235, 238, 274, 325, 340, 343, 347

reply here to add your new friend to the list

5 Likes

And no consecutives just yet, who will be the first Elektronaut buddy pair?

3 Likes

someone gonna fill that 184 - 186 sandwich

2 Likes