Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

I am curious of who got the 350

1 Like

I pressed the button, but things seem to be fishy on that page and i fear i will not receive my AE. For three days they claimed that it would ship ā€œtodayā€ and today I got this message:

ā€œ Thank you for being so patient here! I do have bad news though, the unit you bought was damaged in shipping to us and was dead on arrival when we tested it before shipping. I am terribly sorry about this. I will contact the manufacturer right now to see if I can get another one ASAP to fulfill your order.

I wish I had better news. ā€

From best deal to nightmare deal :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I hope this will be resolvedā€¦ so close to my first octatrackā€¦ Obviously it shouldnā€™t be a problem to fix a damaged unit but I guess they never had one or are trying to get out of the dealā€¦
Letā€™s hope it is not what it seems.
otherwise i recommend strongly to avoid musicstorelive.com
:crossed_fingers:t2:

Aw sorry ! Hope they will get it sorted, keep us posted ā€¦ Fingers crossed !

1 Like

Iā€™ll trade my grey MKII for anyoneā€™s regular black MKII, and Iā€™ll throw in $5. If that doesnā€™t work out, I may just need to spray paint my box black.

Aye. As soon as the black Rytm came along, I went for it seeing as the machine had interested me for many years. Looks are important :slight_smile:

And to clarify the ā€œmostly marketingā€ thing that a few people have picked up on. I was defending the reasoning behind this machine against the ā€œrat raceā€ comment above. Itā€™s not the black paint job, itā€™s the limited edition thing when it is no more special than a grey or a future black MKII. I mean I really donā€™t get the excitement over the factory content either. I never use presets and never will. But all the same, Iā€™m super glad for everyone who has managed to get one, as shown by my previous comments and likes on this thread. All Iā€™m saying is that the regular black MKII will be just fine and Iā€™m glad that itā€™s already been promised rather than leaving us guessing whether thatā€™s the end of the OT or not. Elektron could easily have omitted that sentence at the end of the announcement to make people think this one was even more ā€˜specialā€™ than it really is. Anyway, happy for everyone. If I had the money, Iā€™d be joining in :v:

5 Likes

The black rytm specifically just looks fantastic.

4 Likes

What about Reflexion Mates : 58 | 85

1 Like

MMs (Mirror Mates) :wink:

1 Like

I actually think the black analog four looks better. The light grey pads on the black rytm donā€™t do it for me

3 Likes

Profile: Craig Bearderson
Hates: 303ā€™s
Loves: Pretty drum machines

:laughing:

9 Likes

But in Chromatic Mode, they are Yellow, Pink or Blue.

1 Like

True enough. But the analog four is all black, like a stealth plane

Meanwhile the grey Rytm combines cool grey with a deep icey blue. Cool as ice :sunglasses:

(I may be biased tho :wink:)

2 Likes

This is not an official Elektron retailer.

Check on the Elektron website page

1 Like

yeah that black octa mk2 is going to be hard to resist for even people like myself who prob should not get an octa haha but I already want it so bad, the black rytm looks fantastic as well and itā€™s so ironic for me cause I canā€™t stand black mpcs, just bought that retro L2 and selling my black one but I love the black elektrons
the grays are not to shabby either but I prefer the electron mk2 designs over the originalsā€¦ what a deal the originals are going to be thoughā€¦ actually the might be the best route for those of us who just wanna dip into the octa pool a bit and see how the water is

1 Like

I know this is kind of off topic, but has anyone seen that OT-MK1 with the SPDIF mod for 10k USD on eBay? Itā€™s been there forever. Makes me wonder sometimesā€¦

1 Like

Look at this cheeky little so-and-so. Grey MKII but with the AE factory content. How long until itā€™s just released on the web? :thinking:

1 Like

Its just too expensive to buy second hand. You can buy them for 100 dollars more, with a 3 year warranty from places like Sweetwater.

1 Like

Itā€™s inevitable really. It wonā€™t keep me up at night :wink: I honestly wouldnā€™t mind if Elektron gave out these samples for free. Perhaps even do another science lab with them.

Iā€™ve gone through the AE content tonight and itā€™s a nice selection of different sounds. Theres sampled guitar and synth riffs, some synth stabs made on various classic synthesizers, beefed up 606 and 808 hits, a few really nice pad-like sounds and plenty of weird FX and soundscapes.

I reckon its about 200 additional samples in total, and most of them are definitely not ā€˜bread and butterā€™ sounds but rather for mangling or for added spice. It feels like having 5 or so very nice soundpacks included.

3 Likes

This is crazy

1 Like

44p off hahahahaha

2 Likes