Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Here we go. A brand new bastard (sorry, Reverb account) in Germany charging more than 2500 pounds for the pleasure:

(@sabana, I would’ve gone for that DV247 AE OT but I don’t really need it – I’ll wait for a black MKII or get a MKI)

I’m more than ok to send him a message, we all should do lol

1 Like

It probably wont double or triple, but i think it will HOLD its value unlike a lot of other instruments. And think of the years of fun you can have from it for no outlay in real terms:)

1 Like

Do you think the standard mk2 black version will have RED buttons? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting, I checked dv247 a couple of days ago because Music Store in Cologne had the AE (and they own dv247) but it said not available.

I wonder if they’ve decided to list it in the UK store and ship from Cologne if it sells through dv247, or maybe they just got more stock in.

I’ve got the grey mk2 so I really shouldn’t be checking prices for the AE :laughing:

1 Like

I expect it is a customer return. There will always be some people who pull the trigger a bit quickly and change their minds.

2 Likes

After only 10 days since release thats one damn quick return :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve long been Octacurious, and I have to admit that the AE look is mighty sexy.

I’m a sucker for a limited edition, and I had it in my cart several times, but I can’t quite see that the respray, box and CF card make it worth ~£200 more (or DV247 >£270 more!) than the grey MKII. I don’t need an OT right now (wouldn’t really have time to learn it at the moment) so I guess I’ll hold off till the standard black MKII comes out and see.

1 Like

I am the newest member of the community and OT AE # 103. @Brandonsarkis was kind enough to pass me his sweetwater order when he decided not to go with it. Very nice guy - gave it to me at cost!

This is my first Elektron device and I’m jumping in with both feet. Very happy to have this fine piece of equipment as I really thought I missed out on the AE.

22 Likes

Congrats :slight_smile: !!!

Damnit! They’ve really nailed the aesthetics with this one. Much prefer the dimensions of the OT/AR/A4mk1s to the AR/A4 mk2s anyway , but the buttons, colours, everything on the OT AE is just :kissing_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Is that why the SP 1200 is $6000 dollars now?

Well, I didn’t get much done today…

6 Likes

You killed time with great efficiency.

https://fr.audiofanzine.com/sequenceur-sampleur/elektron/octatrack-mkii/petites-annonces/i.2163164.html

Ok so which one of you posted this? :rage:

Nice, chilled groove. Is this from the factory patterns or done by yourself?

Why would it make you angry, that someone is trying to sell it at a high price?
If I were forced to sell mine, it would cost double that.

No. I don’t think they will have the red REC buttons. I emailed Elektron about purchasing them separately and got shot down in flames. I think ( for what that’s worth) that those beautiful red buttons will be an exclusive thing…which I understand and is also a shame. I want them on my grey mkII!
Congratulations on your AE btw!
It sure is a beautiful instrument

1 Like

It’s not factory content.

1 Like

Asked on AF? 2000€, 2 weeks after release it’s pathetic…

4 Likes