Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Crazy, I’m wondering if there is a market for that.

Kind of disappointing to see scalpers/gougers on what is a pretty niche product, you expect to see it on things like video games, even though it is crappy it is more understandable due to the numbers involved and speed of turnaround.

2 Likes

I’ve done some hardware support in my youth. You wouldn’t believe what people can force into the wrong openings, at the wrong angle or upside down when they are really dedicated to do so. :roll_eyes:

Reduced down from 3,332.47? A bargain hunter’s wet dream … :rofl:

6 Likes

not a chicken or egg phenomenon
you can’t have limited editions and not have market values based on limited editions

1 Like

I’ve had the first two and getting a grey one now. We will see.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the red buttons are the only thing that really makes the difference about this AE version but I liked it so much, I couldn’t pass on tracking one down. I actually thought it was too late and I know I talked mad $#!% about the limited edition but eventually, I came around.

I have to say “thank you” to Elektron for supporting small businesses. I cannot reveal yet where I found it but, I will once it actually arrives. The other one they had was scooped up right afterwards so I got to pick my serial.

The truth is, the red buttons now kinda make the difference and will make the AE special to owners.

Thanks Elektron!

I know the secondhand market is sometimes essential but there actually may be more AE models floating out there at regular price.

Not sure I get all your references to your earlier thoughts. But tell us your unit number, so we can envy you.

2 Likes

Melbourne (Australia) Elektronauts might be tempted by the brand new AE unit I just saw at Found Sound in Carlton.

It’s not listed on their website yet.

The box felt lovely.

3 Likes

Saw Turramurra music have a unit also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WHY must you tempt me like this :weary:

2 Likes

7 Likes

$1499 USD with import duties and GST added brings that price to under $2200 AUD
Turra have this listed as $2899 AUD … gotta love that $700 Australia tax :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Of course not, I was babbling like a hyper kid after candy. I’ll post last three digits of the serial when it actually arrives and is in hand. I already registered it because they sent me a photo when I picked mine but I have to wait until it’s here. I’m already nervous.

2 Likes

We’re number neighbours! I got #64 here in Canada.

It’s so beautiful.

13 Likes

Oh man, I wanted 64 (Nintendo nerd). Congrats! I got mine through L&M in Ontario.

1 Like

Are you keeping up with the Commodore? :laughing:

80’s reference

Because the Commodore is keeping up with you!

2 Likes

I got mine from Long & McQuade in Ontario too!

1 Like

Can’t wait to dig in this week, hopefully will post some noise ASAP

2 Likes

Here’s my Anniversary Edition in action, god I love that thing!

7 Likes

8²=64. Good number.

1 Like