Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

It’s not the last three digits of the serial, there’s a separate xxx/350 edition number on the base of the unit.

1 Like

new hobby: sending offers of the original sale price to OT AE Reverb sellers.

also fun with the Korg ARP 2600 re-sellers.

10 Likes

Excellent. Was just checking out your “octatrack as a mixer” video. Do you still use the Digitakt as the master after the Octatrack firmware update?

Yes I do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OT AE should be the chief. :pl:
It has red buttons…:content:

2 Likes

Let’s go

12 Likes

Why am I gassing for this so hard? I have a perfectly good MKi that’s in great shape and I got for a great price. Never even considered getting a MKii, but it’s just so damn sexy.

4 Likes

I know it’s a controversial opinion, but I do believe the aesthetics of a piece of gear can inspire creativity.

8 Likes

Its almost worth having two OT’s. Especially as the OT1 will be affordable to a lot of people now as a backup. Mine is now at the centre of my desk. Im waiting for Cenk to do another show with the Elektron gear and hopefully he will be using the AE.

2 Likes

If I owned an AE, I’d be afraid bring it to shows, so I’d probably want another one anyway. (Not that I’ve ever played a show, lol)

2 Likes

I do care about it, I think it can at least bring the desire, which is necessary for creativity anyway.

:thinking: Yeah, OT AE as a backup for by MKI is a good idea…:content:

I just thought about buying an additional red button for my MKI (instead of MIDI one)…

5 Likes

Yeah flog the AE to death and look after that mk1 version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t blame you.
I was going to get one during 2021 but when they have announced it, I jumped on it :slight_smile:
Aesthetics really inspire me !

I thought I had found one off the beaten path, but allegedly it is a stock error. I’m actually glad, I was going to go for it even though it might not have been financially wise right now. I’m going to soldier on with my current one.

• I considered it when they were available, but tried to be logical and pragmatic. It was undoubtedly the right choice, but the AE is a thing of beauty.
1 Like

#18 lives in Northern California.

15 Likes

Hahahahaha. The worst scalper I’ve seen yet. More than £5,500 (that’s well over $7,000!!!111 :rage:):

3 Likes

Good job seller is “not in a rush to sell” :crazy_face:

I saw a similar ad on reverb recently for someone trying to get double the brand new price on an Avalon bassline who was also “not in a rush to sell”

Chancers waiting on idiots.

1 Like

Anyone ever try this?

2 Likes

Mind you it is 007 … that’s got to worth £4K :rofl:

2 Likes

But hey … free shipping :rofl:

2 Likes