Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Mine had the bottom right corner of the glass sticking up, just enough so it could hurt my finger. Elektron sent me a new glass window to replace it. Easy job. But the problem is still there. Better than before though. I think my problem is a problem on all AE’s, as the new black “coating” is thicker than the gray one, but the window glass is the same thickness. So it is closer to the edge of the metal.

damn well that sucks as well, really helps me to feel less upset about my “smudge” issue
i just dont understand, makes the whole assembly and other processes they took feel rushed
apologies if I came off as ungrateful for this awesome machine. it was just really upsetting last night

Could you post a picture? I don’t understand what you described. (I’m french).

1 Like

A smudge would look like a fingerprint on the screen. Like a greasy stain. Not perfectly clear.

2 Likes

My Tyhon came with a couple big chunks of dust under the lens, I know the pain!

I would contact Elektron support who could probably walk you through opening it up to remedy the issue, and with their guidance and remote assistance, avoid any warranty issues.

2 Likes

yes also quite hard to capture in a photograph im finding

Kinda like when you clean something with an off brand glass cleaner and it leaves streaks all over the place which on glass (say like a car windshield) would make it hard to see through

agggghhhghggg!! :upside_down_face:

finally was able to capture it in a photo, just had to wait for the sun to go down i guess

1 Like

Mine has the same issue on bottom left and right corners - what was the fix?

No fix. Elektron offered to change it. I asked to change it myself, as I didnt want to wait and be without the OT. So they sent me a new peace of glass, and I changed it. It is a little better than before, but still protrudes slightly. I can live with it.

1 Like

Did you have to reglue it?

This is poor QC process at manufacturing stage

The glass comes with glue on it - so I “just” popped the old glass out and put the new in.

I think it’s quirks of the short production run. Having to treat them as exceptions. The “glass” on my screen lifted slightly when I took the screen protector off, but I pressed it back down and it’s been ok since. Keeping an eye on it though.

I agree with this. My AMP button under the screen sits slightly of centre to the right, not really catching the faceplate but bugged the hell out of me for ages. I’m ok with it now. Nothing is perfect I guess.

102 and his older bro

11 Likes

I’ve found one more on IG😂 I’ve invited them to Elektronauts:)

1 Like

Number 246 is in Zaandam, Netherlands
Found it on IG, account called @ihor_poplava

2 Likes

Hey! Yes, it is me :grinning:

14 Likes

Ah! Haha welcome

3 Likes

Welcome to this merry gang, @Ihor!

1 Like