Off-topic chat about fun in Germany

I had fun in Deutschland

3 Likes

Oh, so did I - I played and DJed at some of the best avant-garde festivals ever there.

3 Likes

I drank some of the best avant-garde beer.

3 Likes

… and ate some of the best avant-garde Döner Kebabs?

5 Likes

I was in culture shock regarding several aspects of withdrawl from my crap plebian american life. mostly ice in beverages and no ranch dressing - and pommesfritz sauce was not ketchup but mayonnaise. just the kind of complaints you’d expect from zee ignorant

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Germany is that bad. It’s just … Germans outside of our nice little niche, large groups of them especially. They have a habit of conjuring up pitchforks and torches and leaning into every nasty stereotype about Germans a bit too much. But yeah, we have (or had, as of late) cozy clubs, great festivals, and some nice people as well.

5 Likes

How very American of you :smiley:
To be honest, the only time I noticed someone being from the US was when they complained that they had to pay Dosenpfand for their beverages. That’s a very German concept. A good one at that.

2 Likes

I have a feeling we’re going to get a forum reminder to shut the fuck up in about 3 seconds here so “everyone can participate in the conversation”

2 Likes

Oddly enough I did that a fair bit in Germany too.

No, though they were available; but some great avant-garde vegetarian food though.

My wife found that when she first arrived in Europe too, that and not tipping at pubs in London. Best avoid bringing up the mayonnaise thing though…

Post a meme, stat!

1 Like

2 Likes

@LyingDalai

4 Likes

On the Autobahn?

3 Likes

oh boy to drive nurburgring in a 400hp rally car, that would be the way to test your faith in a higher power

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d want to drive the Ring in anything more powerful than a 2CV, based on my experience in Gran Turismo.

My win-the-lottery plan is to hire an anime studio to draw Dr Yellow lapping the Ring:

1 Like

3 Likes

have you seen the initial D parody dojinshi about trains?

I have not, but now I must.

edit: this it?

2 Likes