Off-topic chat about fun in Germany

how to time lapse

1 Like

If you know about initial D or trains it’s a guaranteed good laugh. there was a car forum meme about it

and so on

3 Likes

About the Icecube thing. I remember my parents in the 90s feeling ripped of by mcd and burgerking because the drink is mostly “frozen water” …

Many consumer advice TV formats in Germany feature the use of water by the industry to dilute products. Water is cheap you know lol…

3 Likes

is that true? the second part

I believe the discrepant part between the frozen water and the reality of american thinking is that free refills are second nature, it’s not something you even consider the content aside from the temperature because there’s always more where it came from.

no free refills was also culture shock.

1 Like

Berlin might be my favourite European city to visit. The beer, the music, the people and the goddamn heavenly kebabs… Falafel works the same if you’re vegetarian. Berlin is just the best, hoping to have time to stop by there in the summer.

3 Likes

I stayed mostly in Köln but I did visit Berlin, most places I went were very nice. I was not yet a vegetarian at the time so I ate a fair bit of meat, but that was a long time ago and probably my best stories pertain to how little money I had on that trip.

not that my life has changed so much financially since then :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh, you should’ve visited Leipzig then. All the fun you can have in Berlin, but a fair bit cheaper.

3 Likes

I think we passed through Leipzig on our way south but I don’t recall doing anything specific other than finding a restroom lol

Nooooooo, that’s what Chemnitz is for!

1 Like

I’ll tell them you said so

1 Like

They know.

1 Like

…berlin is not germany…and leipzig is the better berlin…
any beer memes taking from oktoberfest are also not germany…cause munich is the exact antithesis to all stereotypes of berlin…

6 Likes

But Oktoberfest is not Munich either. Munich has a few good music venues and record shops as well. It’s just f…cking expensive.

2 Likes

munchen was expensive.

I bought some very expensive trousers in Munchen.

and not by choice.

1 Like

Too much of that avant-garde beer, huh?

2 Likes

just the dregs of being poor.

had a series of tragedies involving a button, a zipper, and a belt - all in short order.

I have no idea why pants are so expensive but I can only assume I picked the wrong department store.

1 Like

München was so expensive he couldn’t even afford an Umlaut. :stuck_out_tongue:

Was sie gesagt hat.

3 Likes

I like “Munchen” better without the umlauts. Sounds yummy.

1 Like

eine kleine lieblingsfach

2 Likes

I’ve just been in Leiptsch. Left today. Very nice city. Visited my daughter who studies there.
Where are you guys originated? Just that I can put in some drawers… :wink:

2 Likes