Offer from label....but

If it’s on SoundCloud, it’s already released (in a raw sense).

Ask to see the contract before committing to anything.

1 Like

Ripping off dreamers.

1 Like

Distrokid is a great service but my only real qualm about Distrokid is that your music will be removed from all platforms once you stop paying that $20 a year…

It’s just another master to be beholden to… I’ve come to the conclusion that Bandcamp is the only way… and it’s also the least profitable way… but if you value your editorial freedom there isn’t much else

5 Likes

…and we come full circle to Physical Media again :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly this is why I don’t bother with SC anymore, other than as a tool for sharing songs with friends.

1 Like

Cassette 4 Lyfe

2 Likes

Yeah , it’s a great tool for sharing music. I don’t expect anything else from it either. :wink:

1 Like

Don’t do it.

Not saying Soundcloud PM’s are always from scammers as I got signed like this by a proper well known hip hop label.

But yours doesnt seem right. Not saying that is a scammer. The label probably exists. But it smells like bad business from a mile away.
Better to upload your track to Bandcamp and be in total control.

You don’t want to do this.
Please don’t it.

3 Likes

Just wanted to jump on this and also say that Soundcloud offers are not exclusively duds. I’d still suggest steering well clear of anything that requires money upfront, but I ended up working with an awesome company through some weird Soundcloud happenstance - to this day I have no idea how they found my stuff or why they honed in on the track they did, but it worked out really nicely.

That said… it was 6 years ago and Soundcloud spam problem has only gotten worse. Getting signed is not the be all and end all that it once was.

3 Likes

I decided to check my Soundcloud messages after reading through this thread and absolutely every message was supposedly from a scantily-clad woman whose account had been banned.

3 Likes

I would consider it the same way as if someone had sent you an email offering to master your track for $69

It seems like a clever way of making a bit of cash by chucking someones track through soundgoodizer and banging it up on Spotify and then saying. “Sorry no one listened to it”

3 Likes

This is what will most likely happen.
So as mentioned, ignore it and post to Bandcamp

1 Like

I will ensure that no one listens to your track for as little as $30/track. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I had a Nigerian Prince email me the same deal but $99 per track. You got a smoking deal.

5 Likes

Don’t do it!
Industry rule #4080:
Record company people are shady.
(Q-Tip, Tribe Called Quest)

2 Likes

Are there any other free aggregators that distribute to streaming services like Spotify?

I think Distrokid is fine cause you can upload to other permanent services for free in addition like Bandcamp. So when your streams run their course and they are no longer generating any funds, then you just stop paying.

My personal experience is that it’s paid for itself, but when it no longer does, then I’ll let it lapse.

Not sure actually… I haven’t really investigated this topic that much… Spotify seems to have a release platform in Beta, but it looks like it’s been on beta for several years, so…

1 Like

nice

3 Likes
Is this label offer legit?
  • Yes, it checks out
  • No, it looks like a scam

0 voters

3 Likes

clicking on this link felt like a scam to be honest.

1 Like