Online Dating

Highest of fives, congratulations

2 Likes

I like Hinge bc you can directly message someone with a like. They ll see the like and message and can choose to like you back right away for a match. Most other apps require you to both like each other without knowing it from each other (unless you pay for premium in some cases).

I rarely receive a like first but I get a high number of matches from my likes this way.

2 Likes

Jeezy Chrimbus, that’s great!

Is Hinge designed so it might have more options for meeting people not for hookups or an active relationship?

Covid’s made the world smaller and more nuclear, so I’m always interested in trying to connect with fellow weirdos with hyper-specific interests, and “seeking band” groups on FB or otherwise have been just awful for that.

Any broader infodump about the projects i’m into gets mostly laugh emojis (which I get after a lifetime of people not being into my jams :stuck_out_tongue: ) or chats about being lead keyboardist in conventional rock bands, passively setting a freak flag to connect around could be intriguing.

2 Likes

I had good results years ago with online dating but not recently so I gave up. Besides it saves money for me to buy more gear that lasts longer than my past relationships anyways lol.

1 Like

Do you feel like your missing out on ephemeral experiences?

Well I have my first date in a couple of years coming up Friday, met online. I decided to really give it a shot now that I’ve moved into a big new house with more space, despite 2 roommates. Also am talking to two others to sort of give myself a chance, since none are likely to be who I’m looking for long term (what would the odds be?). Maybe taking her out Sunday.

I dont know, I’m still skeptical of this whole, thing, though. I’ll believe either happen when they happen. I hope at least one happens, even if it doesn’t go anywhere, because I am NERVOUS and really have no idea what I’m doing lol. I feel like getting back into the swing of things can only be a good thing.

1 Like

Little over a month later I’ve been out with 6 different people, and am now on my 5th date with one, and definitely enjoying her quite a bit. The best part is that I’ve experienced zero anxiety while on the dates, and have gotten second dates with everyone, although I didn’t always take them up on it. This been a shockingly positive experience.

12 Likes

Wow, I can’t even get A date, let alone 6.

2 Likes

Yay so it’s my time to contribute.

Matched up with this girl on saturday on Bumble, had coffee the very next day and hit it off really well, i thought. Planned a 2nd date over dinner tonight (tuesday), met up and was told that we’re better off as friends lol. She then told me she had no intention of dating and was only jumping on the app for the first time to get over her break up from a month ago…

Oh wells, it is what it is

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, some people are sociopaths

Some people are just in different states of life? It’s something that just happens to people. Being ready to date again after an ending and realizing you need more time, work is overwhelming, life has been pretty hard for a lot of people in the last few years.

Having the freedom to change your mind doesn’t make you a sociopath, even if it sucks to like the idea of someone and then have them retreat.

6 Likes

the time and money id spend on a date… id feel like its better spent on more synths and time playing synths. yup ill be alone with me and my synths.

If they never had intent to date, it sounds like they were using someone and taking advantage of them. Thats wrong, IMO. Maybe I misread the situation.

Yeah she actually had potatos as her profile pics as well as pics of herself as she was just testing the waters or creating a troll account.

For what its worth she did acknowledge she led me on and felt bad about the whole thing. Now apparently she would rather be single than use dating apps

She just wanted a fling. Which can be great, depending on what you are looking for.

1 Like

Yeah most likely and i guess i wasn’t attractive to her for that. All good…on to the next

I got very lucky on Match 7 years ago, and my girl and I are still together. It took a good decade of off/on online dating tho. Good luck to everyone who is looking.

1 Like

I’ve only had women respond on foreign dating websites and while I’m fluent in several languages, traveling back and forth between California and South America is nigh impossible to have any long term dating success.

Sounds like your overthinking things. My inbox is full of propositions from attractive overseas women without even trying!

3 Likes

Just a request for updates from any of the posters…anyone find true love? Try a new app that works better than the others?

My own update: I deleted my apps, and a few months later re-created profiles with different pictures, and had a load more interest (pics of me abroad…some reason sunshine is appealing) but realised I wasn’t ready to date, so I deleted again.

I guess I’m really conflicted…as I am lonely and still aging, but also, not sure I have the energy…but if I don’t know, then when?

4 Likes