OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

Haha, yes, same for me.
Far from complaining though!
Thank you, Elektron, this is huge!

Yep, this is some serious old school tracker vibes being able to use this mode across the 8 tracks. Best update ever!

Still asking myself if it’s worse the case to buy it, I already have OT

1 Like

Pretty shitty update.

(now, to spoil the joke or not, by saying I was ironic … :kissing_closed_eyes: )

1 Like

Not even intending to start talking about the AS-1 …

1 Like

Hmm, very promising…

Just getting my first real chance to mess around with the DT since the update and wow-just the filter Improvement alone is pretty amazing. It now seems conceivable where just a stereo bounce can sound like a finished track without the muddiness that often was there before. Plus, adding a different EQ sitting via a parameter lock opens up a whole new set of variation in how a track can sound.

5 Likes

Mario @strangestrains you’re doing a good job at demonstrating the little lucky box. Good sound, cool video!

3 Likes

Fully aware of this, thanks.

It might be an aesthetic issue I’ve had with elektron compressors on the master bus since 2011: I usually end up turning them off, regardless of whether I’m on the OT, AR or DT.

The settings that sound transparent don’t do that much dynamically (I’m listening, and looking at peak to RMS ratio in RME digicheck), and the settings that shape dynamics the way I’d like to sound like “too much”. Hard to find the sweet spot… On the TR-8S, it takes me about 30sec, and I rarely feel the need to re-adjust the compressor to changing source material. Weird.

Still, a great update!

2 Likes

I may well have to buy a Digitakt again which would be the 4th time I think. It’s a sickness and I’m not alone around here in suffering it!

Seriously though, these features are great and add a ton of value but equally important is the signal that Elektron is going to continue supporting this machine. This is what separates the average companies from the great ones. I would take this opportunity to mention U-He who are still updating plugins they released over a decade ago. Same excellent attitude towards making professional, high-quality products and then standing by them.

5 Likes

Songmode! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I was just about to say that history has been made here - a Digitakt update and nobody has complained about song mode.
You had to go and spoil things!
:grin:

4 Likes

Seems they still listen to user requests :wink:

2 Likes

2nd LFO and multimode filter were my two big complaints about the DT. Amazing update!

2 Likes

…or to order one. :wink:

1 Like

Love it, love it, love it. But it has to be said - again (and sorry) - memory for pattern chains or song mode? :disappointed_relieved: :cry: :sneezing_face: :disappointed_relieved: :cry: :sob:

Maybe a little bug with the input mixer… double tap the stop button will end the verb of course… but I can’t get it back. Will have to test further and eventually report.

The global mixer and fx controls are pretty much exactly as I had imagined!
I really didn’t think we’d ever get input monitoring through the effects either but it’s great to be wrong.
The extra LFO and filter modes are just icing on the cake.
This is possibly the best os update I’ve ever seen on anything.

On a more negative note, I sold my Digitakt last year after I overstretched my finances buying a Digitone Keys.
I think I’m going to have to look at selling something to pay for another one.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a bug - see the Dave Mech video. It has to be re-triggered or something…

4 Likes

Just play a trig on one of the internal audio tracks and you have your reverb and delay back.
The Digitone is the same.

3 Likes