OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

Well… thanks !

Still breaking the principle of least astonishment IMO but hey… fine.

OS Upgrade 1.30 is by so far the best news about all my gear! Now my old DT is as a brand new instrument, with many more possibilities to explore.
One more reason to achieve my evil plan to buy a second unit… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Just got the upgrade installed, the new low lighting is very appreciated

4 Likes

From the latest manual p.56 :

After you load/reload a project, or after pressing [STOP] + [STOP], you must trig or play an audio track to activate the effects for the External in mixer.

6 Likes

Great update. I’m kind of questioning myself for just buying an Octatrack.

I would love to see something like “kit mode” one day. I wish sound parameters of tracks weren’t stored in patterns as they are on new Elektron boxes.

3 Likes

great new update, and totally unexpected, Elektron you are spoiling us

Anyone using a DT DN combo? I’m running my DT into my DN, and my medusa into the DT. I def notice some latency on the Medusa sound. Wondering if it’s because of the double routing.

yes, thanks, I just tried it, it works fine.

1 Like

you’re adding buffers from 3 machines (well, 2 if the medusa is analog) so yes… latency induced.

DN, AR, A4, AH - next update please :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s what I figured. Dang it. So close to only needing these 3 boxes…

Have you tried Medusa > DN > DT? Maybe less latency?

This evening, after the job and with kid sleeping, I’ll give a try of the new OS, mixing my TD-3 into DT. I feel excited in the wait as being a child :joy::joy::joy:

this + the last transfer update which lets us backup our samples is almost everything i wished for when it comes to the digitakt and even a few things more.
this is great!

however, no fix for that one bug: when working with 2 machines(let’s say digitone and digitakt) the slave machine changes the pattern too late when enabling scale per track. this makes working with polymetric patterns really cumbersome.

also on wishlist: velocity to parameters. (afertouch, pitch bend, breath controller would be nice too)
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you set the master length on both devices to the same value? I noticed that this makes a difference but I haven´t used it in quite a while. I was under the impression that this issue got fixed.

…ok ok…touche touche…

1 Like

It’s already been acknowledged as a bug and is being worked on:

3 Likes

no, master length is set to inf, else the polymetric patterns would just restart after the set length. channel length is what sets when the pattern changes in this case.
this works fine with just one machine. with 2 however…
elektron support acknowledged this as a bug, saying they hope to find a way to fix this.

2 Likes

Hi,

Great update. I’ve tried to use a synth by the external mixer with dual activated. I’ve noticed that the PAN is acting erratically. L changes R and vice versa. Double checked the connections, probably I’m seeing the wrong picture :upside_down_face: Anyone tested the feature ?

1 Like

F**k Elektron, I just had to buy a DT (I´ve played it a lot but wasn´t mine).

3 Likes