OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

My brother bought one and where jamming together lately. While digitakt has “more”features they complement each other nicely. And individual outs on isla to connect fx pedals is excellent. The sound of the isla doesn’t need to be processed by Heat it has that sound. Stereo and it’s a large heavy beast. The swingsettings are so groovy and per track. Advice keep both

1 Like

While using the DT plugin, can you drag and drop samples from a folder on your hard drive to the plugin? Or do you have to use Transfer to send samples to the DT?

If Transfer is the case, can you add samples to the DT via Transfer while the plugin is actively in use?

Thank you!
Adonis

1 Like

Transfer

I think so. You can certainly be playing patterns while transferring samples. At least this is possible on Rytm. If you’re worried about it though, just separate the processes.

Solved. too much beer and football yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just spent an afternoon watching football and noodling aimlessly with twin LFOs. Ridiculously good fun.

2 Likes

That’s great advice. I do think I will keep both. I’ve heard a lot about the sound quality of the s2400-I’m pretty excited to experience it first hand. With the somewhat limited audio track count of each I think it makes good sense to use them together.

1 Like

Fuuuuuck, I so want a DT again now…I was saving up for an ARmk2, now I dunno what to do…maybe I should wait a few weeks…I seem to remember before I stupidly swapped my original ARmk2 for a diff drum machine that the digi series both got a new software update with scale per track etc, and eventually the analog boxes all got a massive update a couple months after…finger crossed, if not I’m gonna swipe a DT.

Wow… on my 3rd digitakt and it has been on the shelf for a while.
External mix in has been my number on wish every time I try to get back into the DT. 2nd LFO? close 2nd on my wish list. Adjustable LEDs? yea not a game changer, but it has been something I have wanted. (for late nite couch use)

Guess it’s time to devote some time to this sucker.
Solid update!

3 Likes

Take me out for dinner tonight baby? - 2nd LFO

3 Likes

So for the audio passthrough, it now allows stereo processing? Super stoked with this upgrade.

1 Like

Yes. Sampling is still mono, but external inputs can be set to stereo or dual mono (with individual panning/FX).

3 Likes

nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really love this major update. I guess the best thing about it is being able to clean unwanted frequencies without having to resample or process samples in a DAW. Envelope delay is just right for my kind of stuff. 2nd LFO adds so much flexibility. LFO UI improvement : great. External mixer : so useful.

The DT is my favorite machine, I loved its limitations at first, but update after update, I’m slowly struggling to find any !

Gotta say though. To me, the “remember subpage”, while useful in general, is also a signal that maybe Elektron shouldn’t add much more stuff to this thing. The LFO key leads to 5 different pages now. It’s still pretty straightforward thankfully, and it’s a perfect machine that somehow keeps getting more perfect. Just don’t make it too daunting in case I want to convert some people :wink:

Thanks a lot for all the work and love for the community !

5 Likes

i personally would have nothing against 5 lfos :wink:

14 Likes

i might add, some graphic to make it clear which lfo page you are on would be helpful.
lfo 1 - heart
lfo 2 - skull
masterful thought out design, no need to thank me elektron. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: to be fair elektron got really good with the digi range to give some sense of place. was this partly your input @Ess ?
i got an analog keys a few month ago and noticed that every page looks and feels way to similar.

7 Likes

just had a go with the new OS… digitakt + micro freak never been this fun!

With the External Inputs feature, Elektron will help other companies sales.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I got them both but they’ve never made me laugh or even chuckle. :thinking:

I have only had my Digitakt for about 3 weeks tops and I was already very happy with what it could do. I’m feeling a bit spoiled right now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes