OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

A new box would make sense to bring the DT packaging into line with the more recent releases. The blue box was always a bit flimsy. Can’t imagine retailers being bothered to repackage their existing stock though - too many things to go wrong.

Pattern mutes for the AR!

2 Likes

I just wanted to give a big thanks! Love the long time requested external input mixer :smiley:

3 Likes

I didn’t know I was in the DT and AR feature request thread.

4 Likes

Does the DT have a master Drive or Distortion? Thatd be nice for the incoming signal

I was thinking the same but for the compressor. It looks like the external mixer goes only to delay and reverb, am I right?

The compressor is after the mixer, and the last thing on the signal path, according to the diagram on pg. 13 of the 1.30 manual.

Well, technically the reverb can be set to sit after the compressor.

Whatever, not quite relevant for discussion, I’m just letting out my inner nitpicker

2 Likes

Is there an auto play when browsing samples? This function+yes is annoying

1 Like

holy smokes

3 Likes

So excited about this update! Wonder what’s around the corner for the Digitone?

1 Like

Just getting started with Rytm, do you think Digitakt has any advantages over the Rytm mkii especially after this update? (apart from its form factor or appearance being a preference)

When you look at the history of the news pattern so far, then there maybe an update to expect in sep/oct for the analogs.

Digitone update maybe in 2 weeks but thats just a wild guess.

1 Like

Gotta admit…the DT is pretty beefy now.
Lotta juice in a tiny footprint :+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

1 Like

I’ll chime in as I have both…

It might sound obvious but I feel the Analog Rytm is way more drum focussed AND performance focussed compared to the Digitakt.
So if I wanted primarily drums I’d get an AR every time.

Digitakt earns its own stripes by being really good at melodic content for me, with its 8 sample tracks and 8 midi tracks. I think this makes the Digitakt a slightly better standalone unit… but they work well together too.

That’s great thanks for sharing the experience. I guess AR is no slouch either when it comes to playing with samples, but Digitakt has better sample manipulation features?

Not directly about 1.30 but can you sync an Op-1 directly with a Digitakt?

DT, especially with the 1.30 update, is the superior sampler with its extended pitch range, and finer control over start and loop points, but there’s something magical about sending samples through the analog filter and master distortion of AR, plus it has bandpass and the ability to layer the analog engines too. So it’s a v tough choice haha.

5 Likes

Just having my first fiddle around with this new OS and I must say its like an entire new machine. Finding myself playing around with the new filter a lot. It’s really transforming my chord stabs that I got bored with over a year ago and breathing new life into them.

Also really love the fact that I can modulate LFO1 with LFO2. Will make for some super weird glitchy techno and electro for sure.

2 Likes

I send my friends these little clips on FB Messenger as a joke. But I’m digging the DT

3 Likes