OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

I wish wish wish, you could assign LFO to retrig speed a-la MD. I LOVE ramped retrigs.

[and midi retrig :slight_smile: ]

3 Likes

Thank you Elektron. This update is amazing.

The only next big thing would be a slicer-function.

8 Likes

Wait. The DT has a retrig, like a note repeat?

2 Likes

I think the digitone keys still holds that throne.

You can put your sample in repeat and put an LFO on length maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

now that you mention that… I had a strange behaviour today: Modulating length did retrigger the sample (I wasn’t sure though…) – gotta try again and see if I can reproduce. Sorry for OT … just remembered this and wondered if this was a bug or a feature :slight_smile:

:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

I’ve tried. It’s not quite as good tho.

midi retrig

2 Likes

This is probably heresy, but for my personal use case I’m actually glad they don’t have a song mode on the DT/DN.

I get that some people are super into the concept, but for me it seems to run counter to the casual spirit of the boxes, and I think it would present an entire extra layer on top of everything else that I’d have to think about, even if I didn’t plan on using it.

But then again, I’m someone who doesn’t mind DAWs and prefers to do my arrangements in them after tracking in a performance.

7 Likes

alright…so I tried it with the new LFO shapes.
I can dig it. :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:
[still prefer the MD way]
now can we do it with midi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, they are both very attractive. Thanks for spelling out those details. Helpful.

With regards to OT, would you say that’s the better sampler between that and the Digitakt?

just curious but how if you didn’t plan on using it?

2 Likes

OT is the king of Elektron samplers but then it should be for twice the price of Digitakt. There are plenty of threads on here discussing every aspect of it (of which there are many). I won’t comment further here because this thread is for the recent DT upgrade :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is the extra lfo per track or global?

Per track

2 Likes

I’ve got both, I’d suggest starting with the DT. If you need slices amd time stretch beyond that the OT compliments the DT quite well.

1 Like

Niiiiiiiice, I’m excited to mix my 303 thru the digitakt for a tiny desk, acid sesh.
:smiley:

1 Like

other big things to add:

• Warping / Time-stretch
  • Slicing
  • ZOOM wave on SRC page
  • increase TUNE range to +60

after that the next big thing is DT mkII with 4gb memory, microSD and stereo samples.

3 Likes

Bothers me not. I dont use song mode on any of my other gear, so I wouldnt use it if it was available on the digi twins. If they did add song mode, that would be nice for the folks that want it. Might make them almost as happy as an octatrack user.

I think I’ll wait a while for elektron to fix the bugs mentioned by @Ess before I update, and maybe while they’re about it, they could add slide trigs.

Yes elektron yes… slide trigs.

If DT got slicing that would be next level.

I genuinely can’t expect them to be able to implement that based on the streamlined workflow.

What would that require? Second screen to assign slices? Use the 8 midi track buttons to live record up to 8 slices per track?

That would probably be the most streamlined means of implementing the update. But you could rig this already with the DT(with some prep between tracks)(how many tracks do you need to be sliced in a track)?

3 Likes

I’m definitely one that is calling for song mode - or at least ‘save pattern’. It’s a matter of a few kb of memory. It really puzzles me that they continue to overlook / deprioritize this - they would increase sales a few % I’m sure.

Having multiple patterns for the same composition enables experimentation and ultimately (for me) only having to deal with a computer for final uploading! (I’m DAWless, and record to tape).

I know I’ll be labelled as a whinge bag - but it does need to be said. For the record, I’m super-thankful for the update, and LOVE my DT and DN combo.

9 Likes