OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

Oh no, since I updated the Digitakt and Overbridge my Ableton and Digitakt are not in sync anymore!

I get about 50ms latency introduced and I didn’t changed anything on my system.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

1 Like

how damn good was this update?
if elektron keep listening and are able to keep doing these cool things daws will die because its simply better to use the machines

2 Likes

Thanks elektron! This update and the fact that you are listening to your customers really creates a strong trust in you! Amazing, keep it up!

1 Like

I love my Digitakt and the upgrade is amazing! Wouldn’t it be funny though if they added song mode, slicing, time-stretch, etc to the M:S on the next update? Give the M:S the features still lacking on the Digitakt… like on April 1st… just load up the M:S… Maybe I should have some coffee

3 Likes

Bloody amazing!

What now? I’d still take Bitwig over Elektron if given the choice of only using one or the other.

4 Likes

elektron: here’s a second lfo for you!
ableton: we can’t compete, time to give up… :frowning:

3 Likes

The midi tracks have always been good.
Input mixer now on dt, and second filter and lfo is pretty huge tbh.
Rytm is still amazing too but dt is definitely approaching that high end with a midrange price tag

1 Like

Ya….no.
Mixing, mastering, recording, etc…i believe the DAW has a pretty strong foothold.

10 Likes

Sorry if this has been answered already, can the new mixer be used with USB? So I could use it as an input from AUM on an iPad?
Thanks

I’d still like to trigger chords with more than 4 notes when using the midi tracks :pensive:

2 Likes

You could if you dedicated 2 midi tracks (to the same midi channel) to the same synth no? That way you would have 8 notes poly no?
Not convenient but doable?

I think it’s one of the limitations built in for “character-building” purposes (similar to the recently changed mono input monitoring). The Digitone has an 8 note chord limit in midi mode so I figure the Digitakt could have something similar. It’s wishful thinking :yum:

Yeah maybe I was exaggerating,
I just had a full day jamming and this update made the digitakt so much more capable!

1 Like

especially since bitwig 4 beta

1 Like

Anyone else think we’re seeing early drafts of upcoming features in new Elektron machines here? Clearly, there’s a lot going on in the processing and mixing department here. EQ, filters, mastering sections - and it’s all sounding pretty damn good.

I’ve always felt Elektron were at their best when processing samples and outboard sources, synthesis being their weakest part (though they’re good at that too).

I’m betting a mixer, sampler or mastering unit is on its way, or perhaps an all in one system where each part is carefully designed to provide top notch quality for an end result mix.

1 Like

while i appreciate the new features i cant wrap my head around some of the UI changes (and i hope i’m not the only one here)

Improved UI graphics for bipolar parameters.

these little - + graphics next to the parameters really clutter up the UI in my eyes and given a few seconds are easily worked out so dont need permanent reminders

Updated the LFO UI and improved graphics for the WAVE and PHAS parameters.

…and continuing on, the little . . . at the 0 mark and { } around the wave feels like its part of a completely different UI design language to me

it is what it is i guess :frowning:

10 Likes

You know I‘m glad someone said it, I feel the same way!
And while the LFO window is phenomenally useful, I kinda find it… unexpected (?) that it switches polarity when applying negative LFO depth. Takes like half a microsecond longer if it‘s because of the phase parameter or the depth parameter, haha

3 Likes

Seems weird and useless to me.
Eventually vertical bars or nothing.

3 Likes

I’ve always felt the most joy locking the heck out of samples.

I agree, the bipolar icons are a bit distracting. I would have put it at the top of the knob instead like in Ableton Live, lots of hardware etc.

It gets extra weird with the Tune parameter since you really want the knob to to the + icon but it won’t, haha. :smiley:

Well none of the original design team is left so it’s bound to take some new directions - I’m sure it will feel natural soon, all in all well done. :slight_smile:

17 Likes