OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

I realise it would also be very easy to saw a square of wood in exactly the desired size, and attach that to the metal base by using the predrilled holes in the metal base

1 Like

And draw a triangle sign on it?
:elmm: :man_dancing::door:

2 Likes

Yeah, I really rate these stands. it’s basically the small universal tray with the lip. You also get those small black rubber protection stickers with the unit. I did add some of my own to the tray lip section, just for that extra protection when swapping them out but you probably wouldn’t need to do this TBH. The BOUM sits on the lip really well - no movement and totally safe at the highest angle.

VT 1082 • Universal Tray
(170 mm x 120 mm)
&
VB 1000 • Desktop Base

BTW those small vertical side edge lips on the longer synth trays are removable - if say you had a unit that was longer than the intended tray size. I use one for my Nord 4R and it’s also perfect.

In fact, I’ve noticed I’m using one of the synth trays for the Rev 2 in the background :grinning:

1 Like

and which are you using with your Sequential desktop synth?

You guys realize this thread titles sounds like a Hall and Oates album?

4 Likes

Did the emoticons just communicate that you’ll square-dance yourself to the door? :joy:

2 Likes

Great thanks for the details - I hadn’t catched the small trey you had mounted for the Boum.

And indeed I had already kind of analysed that the size of trey you had for the Bim+Bam ws probably one of the dedicated synth treys but with the side lips removed.

Nice system and kinda fairly priced

So this Synthesiser tray (without using the vertical edge lips):

with the base module:

and the extended foot

I can’t go for that.

1 Like

It’s not the full length of the Rev 2 but works really well anyway. Still really solid.

1 Like

Has anyone run a Boum out into a Bam? Dos the Boum clip the Bam’s inputs if it’s pretty cranked? I’m thinking about using Bam as an end of chain reverb but I tend to crank the Boum pretty hot

interesting idea, but I would personally always throw BOUM end of chain

1 Like

OD through reverb is cool !

Boum has a level knob, so just bring down the level a bit :). No need to crank that. It’s there to compensate for the level boost from the distortion.

1 Like

I’ve been running Boum into Bim, then Bam and like @DaveMech mentioned, use the level knob to adjust as needed.

Hello, i’m running a lyra8 through a boum then a bam, the bam also has an adjustable input gain. Playing with this gain can make a big difference on the reverb’s caracter, so with this and the boum you’ve got a lot to play with. Anyway, cranking inputs or outputs sounds really good with oto gear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear! Thanks

In the studio that’s easy but playing live sometimes I can’t help myself!

Hi everyone,
Here’s the third installment of the “Dawless Mastering Gear” series. In this video I check out the OTO Boum and show you in detail how I set it up including thorough A/B testing so you really can hear what it can do to your sound. Key subjects are glue compression, subtle saturation and getting peaks under control. Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

A coincidence that it is back in stock right now?! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha yeah it is :slight_smile:
Had this one in the planning for some time now but only got to it this week.

1 Like