Overbridge 2.0.24 Public Beta

It’s likely in the configuration, but we can help?

Try one at a time (no hub).
Make sure the VSTs are in the right folder.
Are you able to see them in the dedicated app (not within the DAW)?

You shouldn’t need to reinstall the OS, but it wouldn’t hurt anything.

Clean, up and running windows 7 now. Installed the latest Overbridge, restarted computer after restart prompt. Overbridge Engine running at startup. All vsts were installed in the default steinberg location both 32 and 64 bit. Looks ok so far. Connected with USB cable the Analog Heat and power it on, and yes, it is in Overbridge mode. Problem: Small note down in right side of windows screen: “Driver were not properly installed”. I open the Overbridge Engine and nothing is detected there. I open Overbridge Control Panel and nothing is detected there. I did everything by the book and do not know how to continue this troubleshooting.

When my Analogs is in MIDI only mode they are being installed perfectly, but in Overbridge mode I get the message:

“Device driver software was not successfully installed
Click here for details”

and when I click there, a box opens that tells me:
“No driver found”
And giving me an option to
“search Windows Update for drivers”
but I read in the Overbridge manual; that is a no go.

Still no detection in Engine or Overbridge Control Panel.
When I open my DAW, renoise_3.2 or ableton_10, I cant use them as interfaces obviously.

Is it some compatability issues with windows7. Do I need windows 10?

Install windows 10, there is a way to get it working with 7 but Elektron states that only W10 is supported. You should be able to obtain a free upgrade license through official channels still.

1 Like

any chance Model Samples will get to connect with this?

I cant seem to figure out why overbridge keeps pausing and my AR MK1 and then starting it again. Am I doing something in my AR MK1 settings wrong?

1 Like

please add more info…mac,pc, sequencer etc… etc…

My bad!

Im running off a Mac (10.13.6). Its in Ableton (10.1).

My main issue is while the AR is playing, it seems like the VST will pause (or maybe cut out altogether? Or glitch? Idk) after 6-8 bars on average making it impossible to use the AR with overbridge.

Well no consolation but my A4K on Mac OS refuses to play with OB also. Maybe something about these Mk1 machines? I raised a ticket but I doubt I’ll here anything from Elektron.

Hi there,

my A4 mk1 doesn’t work anymore. Overbridge VST doesn’t find it. Same on Analog Heat mk1.
On the A4 I tried every OS.
System : macOS Catalina

Any ideas?

Let’s hold hands and pray together now.
Dear Lord. Linux support. Amen.

2 Likes

It says right at the top that Catalina isn’t supported yet.

1 Like

Thank you for fast response…
Than I have to wait…

Hi. Reporting back now with a fresh Windows 10 Pro and all is working great.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Good job dude, you’ll be happy with W10. OB is a pretty slick piece of software.

Okay I’m struggling here. I’ve installed the OS’s from above for both the Digitone and Digitakt. I’ve installed the latest OB beta.
Macbook pro running most recent High Sierra.

I start up the Overbridge Engine and it sees nothing. I checked to see if the VST/AU was connecting inside Ableton and also nothing.

Also, I did this all on an older Macbook Pro running High Sierra and same results.
What am I missing?

This is HELLA buggy. Damn. (Prolly user error :roll_eyes:)
It actually works ok. No Glitches really, just now that my AH works as a class compliant audio interface when I have the AH vst in Abletons main channel, the sound comes out of my laptop and the heat. And I cant for the life of me get Live to sync. I set the midi all up in the AH to send and receive… Clock and transport is coming from the OT. Midi is going through the AH to my MnM and the MnM starts and stops…Live is receiving midi clock but not receiving transport…Little green “EXT” button pressed. Hmm… It suck because it sounds great inside live with zero glitches…And I actually like the sound of the delay with my laptop (would be cool if I tried to do it.)
I’m on Win 10.

Getting nasty digital type distortion on Analog Heat MkII, using OB, even when bypassed, anyone else?

Use Live as the master clock. I’m not sure why you have your clock and transport set up that way. Read the Ableton set-up example in the OB user manual from the top post in this thread.

1 Like

Do you have OB mode turned on in the devices? Have you followed the set-up example for Ableton in the OB manual?

1 Like