It didn’t work. :frowning:

Check the obvious things first like:
Make sure the unit is in OB mode.
That the correct plugin version loads in your DAW
That the correct Engine version is running
Correct firmware on the unit
e.t.c

1 Like

Allt det dÀr Àr kollat. Jag vill anvÀnda stand-alone programmet och inte ens det hittar digitakten.
Hur vet jag om det Àr rÀtt engine? Jag installerade den senaste betan precis pÄ nytt, för jag försökte downgradea, men vet inte riktigt vilken version jag var pÄ, nÀr det funkade.
Drivrutinen kan inte installeras, den bara söker och söker.

1 Like

Sent you a PM

2 Likes

@Lieder and @Airyck - can I ask what computers you’re using? I’ve a 2016 mbp and want to know if I should upgrade to Mojave before trying OB. Just rolled back to Sierra (high Sierra was freezing on me literally all the time) in fear that going to Mojave might break something.

2015 15” 2.8 i7

1 Like

The new OS for the AH didn’t fix my issue. When used with OB, AH always freezes when I turn its knobs. So it makes the AH useless when I want to record LIVE movements. Anyone else has the same issue?

Windows 10, Ableton Live 9.7.7, Elektron Overhub.

2011 iMac with High Sierra
2016 MacBook Pro on Mojave

Isn’t this due to MIDI feedback? Turn off all midi to and from the unit in the Ableton preferences and see if it makes a difference, you shouldn’t use midi anyway when using the plugin.

2 Likes

Hi,

I just installed this beta on my Mac. The Engine menu bar app shows my Digitone (v1.21) in the list (with a “measuring” state) and the Control Panel app shows channels for each track, etc. It also shows up in the Audio MIDI system app as an interface. However, the Control Panel app doesn’t show levels when I press keys on the device, and the Digitone app doesn’t detect the device at all. I’ve tried reinstalling Overbridge, rebooting the computer, unplugging and re-plugging the Digitone, and toggling it off/on. Any idea what could be happening here?

2 Likes

Nothing. Updated the Analog Four to 1.40A, downloaded the most recent software. Tried to connect with the Engine app but it just won’t find the A4.

I installed, got the Security Permissiosn notification, allowed that, restarted with the A4 on, and didn’t come up. I uninstalled, then reinstalled, restarted again, and again, nothing.

I’m using an A4 mk2, a 2015 MacBook Pro (2.9 i5, 8g Ram, Flash storage) with High Sierra and using the USB cable that came with the A4. Any suggestions or pointers? Am I missing something? I just installed the software for the A4, does that make a difference? Does something need to be done on the A4 to get this to work?

Well I’m leaving my previous post up as a lesson
 RTFM. I didn’t realize I had to initiate “Overbridge Mode” on the Analog Four. Once I did that I was good to go. I have to do some more testing of actually routing audio into Logic or Bitwig, but at least for now I can access the editor.

3 Likes

Hi Olle! Thanks for your reply.

No MIDI was involved in the Ableton Preferences but I do use the MIDI In of the AH for Program
Change. So I unplugged it but the issue remains the same : AH is always freezing.

In fact, I am using The MIDI Ports (In, Out, Thru) from all my Elektron devices for Program Change (Pattern Change) and for sequencing my other synths and it is working perfectly. I have no problem with those devices (Digitakt, Digitone, A4 mk2, AR mk2). They never freeze.

it would be really cool if you could use overbridge or even SYSEX for that matter on Mac OSX Catalina 
 If you have the latest Mac hardware 
id hate to think how long you’ll be waiting 
considering it took them 3 years to release overbridge just on the analog four mk2!!! who knows how long this will take

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: 
 still awescool piece of hardware
wikid synthesiser
collector item now production has ceased (if i’m correct). hang on to those analog four mk2s people !!! analog circuitry is not going to be around forever
digital is well and truly here to stay

#MOSFETFOREVER

~care bEar

still have not managed to get the latest overbridge installer to complete on my laptop. always ends prematurely

overbridge lapspecs

turned off driver signatures, antivirus, everything i could find to troubleshoot.

:sob:

Has anyone had any luck using Overbridge with the Digitakt in Reaper? I find that it works okay until I try to start the transport in Reaper. On playback, it will go silent, followed by a weird noise, followed by the actual pattern playing back (sometimes).

This happens both when playing a pattern on the Digitakt (slaved to Reaper - if Reaper’s transport isn’t running it works fine) and when feeding notes to it from Reaper’s piano roll.

This happens for me as well, each version of OB so far, was wondering if it was because I am on Win7 or because of having 4g or ram or something else
 Works pretty good otherwise

Yes, total recall works about 25% of the time for me on new projects.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. Apparently, when you have plugin effects on the Master in Live and even disable them, they still introduce lots of latency.

OB2 works pretty good now in Live 10 with my AR mk2, but I have one issue. I grab the audio from the different tracks via OB2, all fine and in sync when starting sequences from Live. But when I do finger drumming, the latency is awful. When I hit a pad, it takes (wild guess) about 100 ms until I hear the sound, so recording a pattern live while other patterns are playing is basically impossible. Any idea? I have already tried the usual suspects (disabling effect plugins, enabling the “Reduced latency when monitoring” option in Live etc.).