Overbridge 2.0.24 Public Beta

Are you sure you didnt configure one of your elektrons to be an audio interface? This can be done in the overbridge control panel, where you select the output device. You should leave that set to “none”.

I use a motu 8a as my audio interface for bitwig on win 7, and I also use an old mAudio card for other system audio, and both of those continue to work as normal and are unaffected by the use of overbridge plugins in bitwig, or standalone.

I cant answer the latency question yet. At some point Ill look a bit deeper into that. However I can say that I’m getting less latency with the plugin audio than the audio coming in via the motu - I can easily hear this because its possible to use both at the same time.

Catalina is worth not upgrading too regardless. Apple more or less mucked up the OS w/Windows-like security settings. Total Pita. I reverted back to Mojave.

1 Like

Thanks for the help! After installing Overbridge, my default audio output was switched to the Rytm MK2, and I somehow missed it. I’ll blame my cold :slightly_smiling_face:.

I had similar issue, the buffer size was over 512 so that’s what caused my issue, have you tried going <512?

I’m pretty much sure I was running on 256

I noticed an issue with my Digitakt (OS 1.11) and Overbridge (BETA 2.0.24.11) when it comes to sending MIDI Program Change messages to Ableton (to control a soft synth plug-in). I’m using MIDI Track A, transmitting on MIDI Channel 1. When I enable the Prog parameter on the SRC page and turn the knob, the program within the synth plug-in doesn’t change (it remains on the first patch). Something is being received however, as there’s a noticeable reset of the audio (like 0 is being sent, no matter what the number actually is). If I take the Digitakt out of Overbridge mode and into USB Midi mode, the program change messages are received correctly and the soft-synth patch changes accordingly. Is anyone else experiencing this or can verify it? Can’t think of anything that I could try to do about it, only that the implementation isn’t quite right.

1 Like

Just checking - is Overbridge still Ableton only? No possibility of it working properly when using Pro Tools or Logic?

I use it with Cubase fwiw. Not sure it it’s officially supported, but haven’t had any major problems.

Works fine in Logic (albeit in beta do there may be some issues). I’m not sure about Pro Tools

2 Likes

I’ve not updated to Catalina, my Analogue Heat worked fine with previous Overbridge and Logic.
Just updated to the Beta as I just bought a Digitone. I have Overbridge working and can play T2, T3, T4 via the plugin keyboard. T1 won’t play from the plugin nor from the Digitone but T1 is the only track receiving MIDI from my synth keyboards. Any ideas?? An Overbridge issue or a faulty Digitone? Edit, Track 1 turned down in Master section

I’m using Windows 10, Bitwig 3.0.3, and the above versions of the A4 MK1, AR MK1, DigiTone, and Digitakt. The Elektron Engine app is not showing the Analog 4. The rest of the devices are working with the plugins. Not sure where to go look or just wait for a next version. Can’t compare with earlyer versions as I’ve just started using overbridge. (all devices are connected to an elektron overhub)

does anybody know when there is coming a beta supporting Catalina ? or is it worth it to take the time reverting to Mojave ?

1 Like

No.

if anyone did know, they wouldn’t be allowed to say…

Like most things, if you need something stable right now, then you should take measures to create a configuration that allows it. And if you can afford to wait for an indefinite amount of time, then that’s also an option.

Personally, I quite like Mojave on both my Macs, and would only go to Catalina in the event that I bought a new computer that required it as minimum OS.

1 Like

After 4 years of a4 i still haven’t been able to make overbridge usefull for me. I think it is safe to give up the idea complitlly. Good i haven’t buy a4 for that particular reason . Overbridge became attractive to me ( again ) , becouse i though i could track separately 8 tracks of DT ( given dt has usb2 and what not ) that came after, but it isn’t working (for me) . Again . So i don’t know, it is a Brave new world i ques :unicorn:

2 Likes

Overbridge… seems a bridge too far…

I would like to use only :

• stable io to computer or ipad with flexible channel routing and low response time…
  • an excellent file management application

Other features can be solved different than the software suite which it is now… i doubt if its ever going to work for me… i agree with mess_er35

Tuesday

2 Likes

ob is not working on my mac pro late 2013 computer.
the old overbridge used to work with another macbook pro from 2013.

mac pro late 2013
mac os 10.14.6
ob 2.0.24.11
rytm mk1 os 1.50a set to usb mode overbridge
rytm is not recognized by overbridge engine and plugin
using original elektron usb cable on a direct usb port of the computer
the transfer app is working (switching to usb midi mode) in this setup

any tips? thanks

Ok, can someone please recommend me laptop configuration that will allow me to make use of an overbridge with my two devices, a4 mki and DT, no big latency no hiccups, so i can use it for producing music using overbridge like multitrack system.
Trying to be constructional in my critic.

I have no issues with my 2016 MBP 15"
Which has 16GB Ram and an i7 quad processor.
Latency is about 40ms. (for perspective, I use both A4MK1 and AK with mine, so that’s USB1.1 and it is usable at that latency for multi-tracking.)
If this latency is too great for you, I recommend monitoring the 1/4" outs analog while you track over USB/OB.

So I would say any 2015 to 2018 15" MBP with a quad i7 and at least 8GB of RAM will give you the best possible results (not recommending the 2019 16" yet because of Catalina minimum OS, but if you can wait, then wait. I may buy at 16" soon and just use my 2015 iMac for OB in the meantime)
I remember Olle saying the late 2015 MBP 15" is the most used configuration for OB. So it’s a good place to start.
If you have to go with a 13", I would make sure it has a quad cpu and 4 TB3 ports.

Oh and if you would need to use a usb hub, you’re much better off with a TB2 or TB3 (not usb-c, but actually TB3) docking station.

1 Like