Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

So, on patterns …

… does this mean that each pattern saves the state of a single sequencer ?

Mm no :slight_smile:

Each Sequencer has 16 Patterns, and Pattern 1 have 1 slot per Sequencer (4 slots for Pattern 1)

BUT for example, Seq 1 Pattern 2 and Seq 2 Pattern 2 are saved and loaded as completely separated patterns, despite having the same pattern number.

1 Like

How come the video was made with the previous iteration of the gear? Have you assembled any with the latest design?

Thanks

Oh boy, unexpected delays as always.
We are supposed to get next week the enclosures but… with shipping, you never know these days.

We couldn’t wait for it to continue doing demos.

4 Likes

Very nice! It looks intuitive and well designed!

I like the ease of adding program changes with patterns. I have a couple questions related to my Digitakt:

• In the situation where I’m using DT’s internal sequencer alongside the Oxi One, is it possible to create patterns in the Oxi One that consist only of Program Changes that I sent to DT? I’d like to use Oxi to control my synths, and Elektron’s sequencer for drums, while keeping patterns sync’d on the two sequencers.

• Is it possible to create a program change timing offset to accommodate the Digitakt? The DT requires a PC message to arrive early, before the prior pattern ends, otherwise it will execute the program change the next time around.

2 Likes

@CarlosUnch I’ve read you’re aiming for April 2021 for the campaign to start, but what’s the estimated date for shipping you’re thinking about?

From their forum, Q3 or Q4. Q4 would be a bummer!

https://oxiinstruments.com/forum/d/8-timeline-for-release

2 Likes

Maybe we can record what we do in the arranger mode and have a song at the end?

1 Like

· You can add Program Changes to empty patterns so that could be possible.
OXI One is a great sequencer for drums :wink:

· This is something we will need to address, as other gear reacts different to PCs. I have a Digitakt here so I’ll test the hell out of it.

1 Like

Ok, so that seems to mean that each pattern slot saves the state of a single sequencer ?

1 Like

Yes! That’s correct.

2 Likes

Oooooh I think I know what it might be!!! @CarlosUnch, would you mind sharing, for our further investigation, what each parts matching color is in the video? :slightly_smiling_face::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::slightly_smiling_face:

Oh ok. Don’t want to give many clues, but the bass is the yellow sequencer.

1 Like

Hmmmmmm🧐 back to the drawing board I go, thank you for the hint!

I got it!
(Project 1, song 1. Bpm 127.9) = [rgb values(11, 127, 9)]… aka hexadecimal #0b7f09 which, when converted to its binary form clearly shows us….

Just kidding, I have no clue lol.
Anyone else trying to spot the Easter egg?

6 Likes

A feature, that hasn’t been shown before - related to what is sequenced and how it’s sequenced…

I’m still at the drawing board, sharpening my pencil…

1 Like

Hahahah that made my day!

1 Like

Here they are finally :slight_smile:

11 Likes

oxi_mistery_box
:thinking:

6 Likes

I am late to the party :slight_smile: but how many parallel tracks can I sequence at the same time?
(so how many synths)
Also: what s the preorder price?