Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

ugh. sometimes i regret that did not reserve two VIP units :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hah!

There’s going to be a limited 2 x OXI One perk.

1 Like

you dudes are absolutely great.
you have an ace in the hole for any weird request from us.

2 Likes

There were a few people asking to buy 2 so, why not?

Thing is, you won’t be able to buy 2 with the VIP price. The 2x offer is fixed price, still better deal than non VIPs 1 unit perk. It’s not possible to do it other way, since we want to limit the amount of people that buy 2 units, the total units will be limited and that’d mean less OXIs for different people, otherwise all people could go and buy 2 and we don’t want that.

So, 1 OXI per person except for a limited number of people that can buy 2 at fixed price.

And again, we limit the units available to better handle production. If we have issues It’s not the same to address it on 483 units than in 2752 :slight_smile:

This benefits the backers!

3 Likes

I guess its just ‘sequencer’ and not ‘sequencer track’ or ‘sequencer lane’?
There are lots of terms and I think I have a mental picture but definitely not the semantics of all the features :smiley:

1 Like

thanks for details.
i’m certainly interested, because if Oxi will work stable and without major quirks (we all hope so) — as a gigging musician, i would like to have a backup unit.

2 Likes

Ok so how many people are going to make the purchase? Anyone hesitating/have concerns? If you wait a year, you’ll have much more information/feedback/reviews of what people think of the device – the downside being the price will be higher.

I want to see the loopop video. I think that will really influence my decision.

1 Like

This :point_up_2:

i’m certainly buying one from the 1st batch, and if it works stable — buying a backup unit.
for that amount of features per cm³ it’s no-brainer.

1 Like

Can anyone comment on the VIP availability/offer?
I’m working all day Tuesday so won’t have access to the net, I prepaid my euro and have been notified that the offer will last for 48hrs, so I’m presuming one unit will be on hold for me until the 48hrs have elapsed, any ideas?
:+1:

1 Like

I assume that as well … but maybe you can ask @CarlosUnch … I think, if somebody is not able to claim his/her VIP option for technical reasons, there might be a solution.

2 Likes

Hey! I’m around the block.

The 48 hours would be finished, depending on your time zone, around 7AM in US and 13PM in EU, the 6th of May. If you can find a way to purchase at night or 5th any time of the day or the morning of the 6th, you are still inside those 48hrs.

Otherwise, please write to hello@oxiinstruments.com if for technical/personal reasons you can’t purchase during the first 48 hours.

4 Likes

Cheers fella, I’ve only followed this thread loosely so missed bits, I’m sure @CarlosUnch will chip in…

1 Like

He’ll do for sure :wink:

2 Likes

Oh thanks for clarifying, truly appreciated!
I will be okay by the evening of the 4th, I was just worried that VIP might have been part of the initial 100 units and still first come first served.
That’s nice to have some wiggle room although it’s a foregone conclusion really, I mean, Loopop is hardly going to put me off :joy:

Good luck with the launch Carlos :+1:

4 Likes

Crud, I definitely won’t be awake at 4 am for the launch. Fingers crossed there will still be some early bird options available 3 hours later :crossed_fingers:

Fwiw, I’ve had my hands on a proto unit for a few weeks (that I paid the early discounted price for) and there’s absolutely no regrets here at all…
My take is partially biased, as I have become a loose collaborator, beta tester, and friend to everyone on the Oxi team, and want nothing more than for them to succeed… but I also paid my hard earned money for my proto and honestly can’t imagine anyone finding something to gripe about.

As expected…
Oxi’s physical layout and performance/sequencing tools have enhanced literally every piece of gear that I have hooked it up to (imagine Elektron-esque per-step control + DAW/deluge style layout being added to you’re favorite synth/drum machine/app/whatever).
Multitrack sequencer is a drummers dream.
Chord mode and modifiers have opened up entirely new doors to my music-theory-poor brain.
Having a unique piano view for each sequencer type is my favorite… plus the fact that Oxi has strum, my keystep37 is going up for sale.
Its clock is rock solid, as is its build (touring with Oxi won’t be a concern… using Oxi to split a log in half wouldn’t be a concern either, the thing is a tank (my proto has already traveled over 2,000 miles with me and has been put through a mini tour training camp of sorts :slightly_smiling_face:).
I could go on for hours and dig into each feature, and happily will upon request, but in general my take is that the Oxi One is about to take the world by storm… and I’m super excited to see what loopop has done with it.
If y’all have any specific concerns or questions, I’d be happy to dispel/confirm/answer whatever they may be.

14 Likes

Nice post :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Needless to say I am purchasing as soon as I get my link. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s the feel of the buttons like?

1 Like