Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

For once my timing was good. Really pleased to have gotten in at the VIP stage. Usually I’m last to hear about these :slight_smile:

Congratulations to the OXI team and best of luck with the campaign.

4 Likes

OK I’m starting to get nervous now.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure if the pads on the final version will be the same that are on the prototypes… but I love the feel of the ones they used for the proto. I’d say medium squishyness with a durable feel… they have a nice physical feel for when the button is ‘pressed’ down (kinda hard to explain but there’s a silent tactile feeling that happens ‘at actuation’.)
The pads sit above flush with the face of the unit, about 2 us pennies higher, but have enough squish to roll and slide a finger around on comfortably to quickly fill notes or whatever.

Either way, it’s evident that the choices being made at Oxi headquarters are thought out by actual musicians with high standards, so whatever ends up on the final version will surely take all our wants and needs into account.

4 Likes

Have the death threats from other sequencer manufacturers started rolling in already? :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

as my therapist tells me “Anxiety and Excitement are two sides of the same coin” :rofl:

You’ve got lots of elektronauts who are all in on this sequencer, so nothing to fear! Launch day will be epic, I’m sure :rocket:

2 Likes

I have to add that the Holy Grail Encoder was tough to find but well worth the quest.

3 Likes

Quick Q. I see there are 8 CV’s and 8 Gates. But, I use 8 gates for my Bitbox and need a few more gates for my other modular…can i use any of the CV’s as gates?

I am a super newb with modular so not exactly sure how it all works.

Thanks.

1 Like

CVs can be used as Gates if you set a square LFO synced as mod source, not that flexible, but they can be used as triggers too (AD envelope in reality).

1 Like

Thanks…I also really dont need all 8 gates for my bitbox, can use 6 of those for 6 samples/drums…leaving 2 for the modular OSC’s!

For OSCs is nicer to use the AD envelopes directly to a VCA or LPG, saving I/O on the rack.

1 Like

Ooh can you say what part you used?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXN7ND9ILo

No preview D:

5 Likes

Woo hoo…now i need to take a lunch break!

1 Like

I too am hoping there will be a few left when us here in the US wake up or later on during launch day. The other thing that is making this super difficult for me is I only use paypal for on-line gear purchases. It just works out that way that that’s where all my gear money resides. Indigogo doesn’t accept paypal which is a big bummer. I’m hoping I can figure something out because I don’t want to have to wait until after launch and be forced to pay a higher price just because they don’t accept my method of payment. Anyway, here’s hoping I figure it out.

I think I know the answer, but my biggest question is “Am I missing out if I have no CV gear?” If I’m using MIDI, exclusively, will it feel like half a box?

1 Like

I really liked seeing this hands-on review, even with the missteps and gripes from Loopop. Gives me a better sense of how it will feel learning the workflow.
The harmonizer mode is killer in action!

1 Like

Nah, but I had the same thought before I got it. I’m not using it for any cv 95% of the time… it’s nice to have around for hydra and minilogue xd and the other random bits of kit with cv in…
In those moments when I’m live sequencing and controlling blackbox, micromonsta2, korg nts1 and hydrasynth via Oxi split…I often forget it even has cv/gate….

All that being said, I may or may not have several theoretical builds going on modularGrid now that Oxi is in the house.

1 Like

Thanks for your review @TheGhostCat

Have you tried hooking the Oxi up to a phone or tablet via bluetooth? Does it work? If not, what are the issues you have when trying to play a softsynth over bluetooth.

1 Like

Sadly I acquired a good bit of gear (some that would even benefit from the Oxi One) while waiting for the VIP reservation to go live, so I’m going to have to bow out.

However, I have a friend who will be getting one, plus all you beautiful people to live vicariously through. Looking forward to seeing what you all do with what looks like a fantastic product, and, as usual, I’ll just have to catch up and get my hands on one much later instead.

2 Likes