Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

Cool! Possible to restart quantized or only unquantized?

If i make tunes on the Analog 4, i use its sequencer with slides, sound replacements, modulate the fx send, ride the lfo intensity etc. its how i get most out my A4 - i miss that on other synth - so with a sequencer i would add that to those modules, where its not possible to that extend.

You get to choose count in time: 2 bars, 1 bar, next beat, or completely off.

2 Likes

Sounds great! The Oxi One seems really well thought out and you still managed to squeeze a lot of functionality in.
Many features I’ve been wishing for in sequencers for years. Wishing you and your team all the best! Hope you don’t run into too many unexpected issues until release…

Count in is quantized to the clock? For example I have count in set to one bar and I start the sequencer - I trigger start on one of the seqs, it will wait until the end of the bar and start running in sync with the other three sequencers?

Ha! I wish.

Thanks for the kindness :slight_smile:

It is as you describe. 1 bar, 2 bars depending on the length and time division of your running sequences. Next beat is the next step basically, this is the most unquantized you can go to start a new sequence.

I’m about to get a sq-64 but then this one makes me hesitate… :smirk:

Do you want to know my opinion?

Chicago pizza is not real pizza.

3 Likes

that’s a fact, not an opinion

3 Likes

I’m closer to Napoli than I’m to Chicago but thanks :sweat_smile:

So far my only minor gripe is with the power connector.

Can you elaborate?

I have bad memories of flimsy usb-C ports and much prefer type B (like on 1010music stuff).

1 Like

I am too, USB-C wears out after 18 month plug /unplug.

I understand.

However,
If you accidentally unplug there’s a battery to save you. And then the battery should last 10 to 15 hours depending on usage.

Type B was too big for our goals.

2 Likes

My gripe is not so much about accidental unplugging than it is about the wear out, just like my phone.

But 10 hours battery… sounds great !

Very tempted now…

1 Like

How does the song arranger work? Is there a video on that?

edit: second question edited below

Surely they wouldn’t make it work for, say, number 1 and not the others ?

right… I didn’t ask that question correctly… Here’s a different question:

When you record via MIDI keyboard into a poly sequencer, what data is recorded? Can it capture velocity and aftertouch? What about timing… does it record exactly as played?

We will post about the Arranger once finished. Now is half baked.

The idea is that you have 16 pattern slots per Sequencer (4 lanes), it doesn’t matter if you use different Sequencer modes in the same lane.
You can select how many times each pattern plays, from 1 to infinite, in this last case until you trigger another pattern manually. We also plan to add Songs, that is saved states of the Arranger.
Program Changes will be added in this mode.

Second question:

We plan to add a MIDI detect to Rec, so you can arm recording and start it once Oxi receives MIDI. There’s also an option called Rec extend, the length of the recorded track will be set once you stop Rec. These two together allows Live MIDI looping :slight_smile:

Now to the real answer, in Polyphonic mode you can record up to 7 notes per step. Velocity is recorded, aftertouch is just thru for now. About timing, you have a param to chose from 0 to 100 that sets the percentage of quantization. 0 no quantization, 100 fixed to the grid and all in between.

5 Likes

Will you be able to handle MPE for MIDI live looping?

I don’t think so. I don’t think either that the current hardware can support it.

1 Like