Photography geeks, gather round!

1 Like

I’ve had the Epson V700 for over 10 years.
Some people report failed lamps, but even then, its a classic that most people I know always recommend. The newer V750 uses a more fail proof lamp, but yeh, my 700 is still going strong.

1 Like

But as much as I love the smell of a freshly ripped polaroid, or the sound of a thumb winding on film, I cant beat digital for hassle free nocturnal wanderings :wink:

8 Likes

Really love that first one.

1 Like

8 Likes

8 Likes

Can’t beat the night time vibe…

Check this guy out for noctural wanderings

Henri Prestes

1 Like

I’m thinkin about getting a compact / MFT camera (under €1k) for some high quality prime lense artistic stills, & a bit of art video stuff too (no gimbal). gonna be printing some things at max 60x60cm (24x24 inches).

really liked the vibe of the Ricoh gr iii / x. downside for me is the video focusing issues.

that got me on to the lumix gx9 with 20mm prime. looks really nice.

which got me on to the Olympus E-m1 iii. super rez 80mp mode is very attractive to me for printing.

most important is still quality.
video too but to a lesser degree.
very important is that I can print professionally at a max of 60x60cm (24x24 inches).

any suggestions?
I’m open to other suggestions too. learning the ropes here as I go :slight_smile:

I have a GH5 (used mostly for video) which is likely the same sensor as GX9. I’ve never had any problems printing photos at that size and larger. That said, I like Olympus colors better than Panasonic but of course that’s a very individual thing.

1 Like

thanks Belter, much appreciated info.
how do you find the Panasonic colours vs Olympus?

I know this is gonna sound weird after saying what colors I prefer but I’m partially red green colorblind. But that doesn’t mean I don’t see the colors I still do but in a different way. So I can’t actually tell you specifically why. Olympus just feels better. I know that a lot people prefer Olympus colors though and I often hear people criticizing Panasonic’s greens.

1 Like

I just dug out my old Fuji X20 and find it still quite satisfying to use!

1 Like

The oldest Fujifilm camera I own is a x-e1 and it still produces beautiful results!

can Capture One users shed some light about the pricing across versions?
I’m used to Lightroom in the past but I decided to ditch Adobe and their subscriptions, I have my eye on the Capture One because it seems great and I love their import process which I miss the most from LR. I was wondering how the licensing works from version to version, for example if I get the current version 23 for $300, how long usually it takes them to release version 24 and if there are any discounts when upgrading? or is it full price every upgrade?

also, I was wondering if it’s the same as in LR for lens corrections where I can apply separately the Vignette/Distortion, I usually like to leave the Vignette for my wide shots and was wondering if that’s something I can do in Capture One…

A couple of months ago I felt the photography itch after a 8 year hibernation, I’ve always been into self imposing limitation such as using just 1 prime lens etc.

So I bought a used Fujifilm X100f, it really toes the line of simplicity and depth really well.

15 Likes

A few days ago I left my Panasonic G9 with a Panasonic Leica 12-60 f2.8-4 at a cafe. Only realized it the next day.
Came to that cafe, they returned my camera. A good lesson for me.

2 Likes

I made these Photos with an old samsung smartphone (8GB memory) i´ve lent from my dad for a marocco trip in 2021. Super bad quality. Want to share anyway, Most of them from Essaouira:

8 Likes

nice shots.
I’m off to Marrakesh later this month. bringing my ricoh grIIIx.

Essaouira looks beautiful, n really mellow. I’m considering a cheeky day trip.

3 Likes

Enjoy, lots of wonderful things.
The Saadian Tombs :heart_eyes:

1 Like

don´t forget your field recorder for Marrakesh !