Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

I uhm… tried to film a “making a beat” video last week. The final result was really whacky. I also lost about 30 min of footage from the start and when I tried to edit it my computer just couldn’t keep up. If you are really interested I might try and pair it down and can share although I just wasn’t sure it would be useful for anyone.

2 Likes

Oh that’s a bummer. All good, upload at your own pace!

Back with another quarantine slapper.

8 Likes

Really like the lofi feel on this one!

Also this is for this thread in general, but I am sure the OT can achieve this lofi trick that Tinez tried out on the DT:

Hopefully it won’t take 21 resamples since we actually have timestretch on the OT :joy:

2 Likes

I posted the demo of this way back in the thread, but we’ve turned it into something a bit more complete using Arthur Rimbaud’s Une Saison en Enfer (A Season in Hell). As before, all sounds (except vox, guitar and subtle 808 cowbell) come from Digitone and then it’s all completely managed into something else by Octatrack. Enjoy!

5 Likes

So, I sold my Octatrack MkI today. This is the last track I made with it. The original goal was to fund an upgrade to the MkII. I’m not sure at the moment what direction I’d like to take so it’s good bye for now. Thanks to everyone who has reached out and shared the love. I was experimenting with different track lengths to build this rhythm. OT does the drums again, Digi on the pads and plucks, Korg for bass and noise. Finished it up with some support from the OTO BIM and the OG404 Vinyl Compressor.
Check out my album “The Motions” on Bandcamp and give it a download if you’d like. It was what really needed to get out of me when I got the OT.
Peace y’all.

7 Likes

Get that OT Mk2 now! More, please! :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

That made my skin crawl. Pretty cool. I like how deeply the FM was embraced with the Digi. Killer visuals too.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Love the skin crawling description. Mwahahahaha :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Impeccable.

1 Like

Merci beaucoup :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Memoir Music dropped a new track of mine earlier this week. They had this really beautiful video made, I was blown away! Beats are made with OT, synth stuff from DN and Peak and some guitar stuff in there as well.

6 Likes

Impressive! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

4 Likes

So nice. Love that chill hip hop so much. Those strings at 1:30 onwards tho :heart_eyes:

Edit: So, talk us through your process. All OT, or something else as well?

1 Like

well. this is OT(with master track)+A4 and Kontakt 5 for upright bass. also, i use beatstep pro for additional drums(percussions mostly). of course, i can upload all samples in OT(still have one track free). and i use mainstage with ozone for “fat-sound-on-the-fly” :slight_smile:
thanks for reply, btw.

2 Likes

Hi very nice forum i’m new here, very cool sounds.
Here a track i made for MPC beat batle using two track,one of Bill Withers (rip) other by T-Square.
No external samples or synth, no daw…
Only Octatrack

Stay Safe !

5 Likes

Much enjoyed. Keep em coming. And welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Craig.
Very nice tracks on your soundcloud.

1 Like

Just discovered this, good stuff.

1 Like