Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

Ah, thanks very much!

So around the beginning of quarantine right before our official lockdown I found two big boxes of vinyl being thrown out on the street. I had been wanting to make a video showing how I go about making beats on the OT and focus more on that than how it would turn out. It was a continuation of a previous video where I had made percussion sample chains specifically for the OT.

When I went to splice all of the footage together the camera was missing A LOT. I hadn’t realized the way it cuts video to 15min each file. It was some important stuff and the audio was very hard to get back in sync!! So i’ve decided to share the track and a little bit of what I could salvage. I’d like to do this again at some point and maybe go about it differently.

Anyway, hope all is well. Be safe.
Thanks for watching. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice!! How do you go about sidechain on the OT. Ive got some different stuff but yours is sounding nice and thick!!

@Voltagectrlr, been following your stuff on Youtube, and I am loving it. Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks a lot man!

1 Like

Here’s another OT Modbap journey for the Octatrack crew!

Hope all is well on you’re end of the earth.

Peace

11 Likes

Our son (4) was dancing on your beat and doing a voice over of the vocal sample. Grtz from Berlin

hi @GarrettDeBell
thanks you ! What do you mean ? Effects on drums or on others part of track ?

That track had overt pumping artifacts with the Bass drum. I P-lock the amp envelopes or add it to loops in a daw.

1 Like

no daw only octatrack and after that create chain of effects on ot for add this old school sound

*oldschool for me :grinning:

great track !

i think, this is my first and last lo-fi chillhop track. too tired to cut and slice samples for this. but the creating process was very pleasant. bit of sound disturbance in this track, but i will make studio tune, of course. please convince me, that such type of sound is still “nice-to-hear” :slight_smile:

8 Likes

hi there
another beat for a battle
Feel free to let me know what do you think of
Only ot

1 Like

Hey… I just got an Octatrack after watching a bunch of @Voltagectrlr vids. Thanks for the inspiration! This is my first beat!

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face: And what a way to introduce yourself! Keep going with the box of tricks that is OT :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Take it away!

1 Like

Cheers!!! love your work btw!

1 Like

Awe thank you. I loved your use of vocal samples. They meshed so well. Plus the swing and rhythmic triggering of the samples was on point.

1 Like